Chapter XI

"Haaa~" Breathed the gray-haired gir as she stretched her armsl and closed her eyes out in bliss as she finally came to her home after a long time.

"It feels so nice to be home after such a long travel around Teyvat!" spoked Elaine opening her blue eyes which filled in the glimmer of happiness to see her family once again.

'Time flies fast! I can't believe that I turned sixteen this year and Diluc becoming to be the Cavalry Captain at the knight of Favonius which father informed me from to the letter that I receive in Fontaine Branch.' She thought even though she didn't change that much, asides from her body having a physical change which was fairly normal for human beings that they grow so fast. Though it was rather annoying to the gray-haired girl when she once went back to Liyue again to witness the lantern rite and males stared behind her back, which made her uncomfortable, she quickly managed to get out of the masses and search for an area that has no people visited only one person was besides her who watches quietly as the lantern took of to the sky.

"Well then," A cross-shaped black shield and a sword that gives out a mysterious aura appeared in her hands to block anything or anyone that prevents her from her way. "Time to visit doctor Romani first before I make my appearance to them. I'll bet Diluc and Kaeya would be surprised to see me after such a long time."

Elaine hummed quietly a lovely tune and faces onward to the city that is a little far from her camping base but somehow she felt a storm will arrive soon as she steps her foot into her homeland alongside a small white-furred creature on her shoulder.

"Fou."

-

"Uncle Romani! I've sorted out the new medical supplements that arrived yesterday and also made coffee along with some sweets for you!" A small ash-blonde-haired girl with gray-blue eyes who appears to be ten enters his office while holding both hands a tray to hold the mug of coffee and tea for herself.

She looked not surprised that the older man with pink hair layover at his desk as he drained thanks from the paperwork and placed the tray on the desk beside him.

"Thank you for the hard work."

Romani moved his head and glanced at the tray and noticed with wide eyes like a child that there are also two slices of cake as well which he quickly corrected his posture.

"Isn't this your famous homemade berry-cream cake!" He cried in happiness that the girl named Barbara lightly chuckled at him.

"Yes, it is!" She said with a kind smile that Romani made blissfully smiled over this precious child that God blessed. "I made this especially for you since you're working so hard in the past weeks and as your only apprentice, it's my job to make sure that you have at least something in your stomach even if it's not that healthy for to consume for you though!"

"Hahaha... I am grateful for having you as my kind apprentice who looked after their superior, but you didn't have to do that to me. Shouldn't it be the opposite that I should take care of you since your father asked me to do it?" The doctor gave her a crooked smile that plastered on his face as he teased her for a bit and sipped his coffee.

Barbara put an embarrassed expression on her face and scratched her face softly.

"W-well... I just wanted to do that because I want to try to feel useful to you, Romani... A-and seeing you being happy makes me also happy."

When the girl said that, Romani paused a bit and he quietly glanced at her in sympathy.

Being torn away from her very own birth mother who hadn't spared a single glance on her own youngest daughter just because she isn't talented like the oldest one, was something Romani disliked.