Book Two: Chapter 1

Phasos yawned while he raised his black palm over his dark snort. His other hand held his spear while he stood behind the gate beneath the mountain's butte.

The hyena man doesn't remember how long he has been standing outside. Probably too long since the sun was already setting beyond the rocky mountains. He whether spends some time with his fellow pack inside the cave, drinking and dancing with them. But he couldn't ignore his duty or else his chief would cut off his head. And he liked his head where it was at.

After yawning again, Phasos spotted something moving across the dusty trail. Three figures appeared through the blurry heat, covering black robes and hoods. Not the best thing to wear in hot weather, but maybe they were cool on the inside.

As they moved close, Phasos could tell one of them was taller than the other. The short one seemed to be attached to a chain, behind, held by the middle individual. The other was huge, strolling behind them.

Phasos knew his bandit clan was supposed to be alone in the plateau of the wild land. If there were other tribes, they would already know, and raid them, of course. Maybe they were travelers from a distant region, but why would they foolishly come here?

The strangers approached him and stopped. The one in the middle raised his right hand. "Greetings, sir. May we come in?"

Phasos tilted his head. He doesn't understand the lion's accent, but he won't take any chances. He pointed his spear at the strangers. "Who are you? How did you find this place?"

"Calm down. We are only slavers, here to offer you a trade."

"Who told you?"

"Here and there. Would you like to see our merchandise?"

"What merchandise?"

"Torag!" The large stranger shouted.

Phasos blinked his eyes. "What?"

The lion stepped in front of his large companion. "Don't mind him. The brute's words are limited. Would you like to see?"

Phasos nodded.

The lion pushed the short hooded stranger in front of the guard and pulled off the stranger's robes. Phasos glared and dropped his mouth.

Standing before him was a human, a female human. But not just any female human.

She has long beautiful blonde hair, light tanned skin, and her body was full of curvy softness with muscles built from survival. Her leather bikini showed her all, including her tender legs and her amber bosom. Blue eyes like the color of gems and golden features truly made her look like a treasure.

"Oh, mine!" Phasos reached for the human, but the lion smacked his hand away.

"Don't touch the female!" the lion exclaimed. "First, you shall allow us in to meet your chief."

The hyena nodded and turned toward the gate. If the chief accepts the slave girl, he might have time to play with her.

He knocked on the gate, and a small lookout hole opened up from the other side.

"What is it?" the second guard's voice shouted.

"We got visitors here," Phasos explained. "They want to sell us a human slave."

"A slave? I'll inform her immediately!"

The lookout hole closed and Phasos turned around. "Give him a moment."

*****

Chief Borga sucked on her weed pipe and puffed out a strong cloud with a minty skunk scent. While relaxing on her comfy pillow seat against the stone wall, her mind drifted into euphoria. She laughed a few times while her body melted into her cushion. It felt like a strong force was keeping her down. But who cares about that. Smoking her jolt was the only thing making her feel alive right now. The buzzing in her head was truly wonderful.

After puffing again, one guard rushed into her throne chamber cavern. He stepped over the other male hyenas, laying down while smoking their weed pipes and cuddling against each other.

When he approached Borga, he kneeled. "Chief, we have visitors outside. Two slave traders. They are requesting to see you."

Borga blinked her eyes. "What?"

"Slave traders. They have a rare human with them. They want to sell her to you."

Borga scratched her fat fuzzy belly, too lazy to understand what the hell her guard was saying. "Uuuuuuh..... Let them in."

"Do you think it's wise? We don't know where they came from-"

"I said let them in!" Borga roared.

The guard shuddered and immediately left the cavern.

Borga puffed her weed.

The weed was still good. One of the best plants she has stolen from a merchant procession. Instead of trading it, she wanted to keep it all for herself.

The guard returned with three strangers behind him. They stopped in front of his relaxing pack. One of the visitors was a lion in a hood and the other was a human girl. The bigger one kept his face concealed under his dark hood.

The lion in the hood stepped forward. "Greetings! We are here to make a trade for you."

Borga glared, slightly beaming her eyes. "What offer?"

The lion tugged the chain, pulling the girl toward his front. "This fine human. She is worth a hut full of gems and gold. Valorous for entertainment too, but she can do more."

Borga leaned forward. "Can she harvest weeds?"

The lion scratched his chin. "Weeds?"

Borga held up her pipe. "This stuff. Heeheehee! Makes you high as a bird."

The lion shrugged. "Like I said, she can do more."

Borga smiled. "How much?"

"One hundred pound of diamonds."

Borga snapped her fingers. "Give him a bag."

"Yes, chief." The guard's eyes scanned the girl's body with a grin, and then he strolled off.

Borga held out her pipe to the lion. "Want some?"

The lion held up his right hand. "No thank you. I need my mind to remain clear for our trip back."

Borga took another puff. "Where are you from?"

"Anywhere we please."

Borga pointed pipe at the lion's tall hooded companion. "Who's he?"

The lion stared at his companion and back at the large fat hyena. "Just a bodyguard. Nothing more."

Borga laughed and smoked her pipe.

The guard returned and dropped the bag near the lion.

"A pleasure doing business with you." The lion hanged the chain leash to the guard.

"Where shall I take her?" the guard asked.

Borga coughed. "Our loot!" She pounded her chest. "The cage there!"

The guard nodded and pulled the chain, forcing the human to follow him. She kept her head down, not making any sound.

The lion watched until the guard and the slave faded away through the nearby dark tunnel. "Well then, we're off now."

Borga cleared her throat. "You sure you don't want weed? We have plenty. Heeheehee."

"No, we must be going now. Enjoy your weed."

After the lion and his companion left, Borga closed her eyes and snored.