Chapter 11: Not My Mother Pt. 2

A/N: To the person wondering if I was okay (concerning the burn on my thigh), I am! Walking is a bit awkward, but it doesn't hurt too badly.

"Welcome to the Bates' Motel." 

___________________

"The what?" You asked, sitting down on the floor. 

"The Bate's Motel. Norman grew up here, on the house behind the motel. This is where he committed his first murders. He never dreamed of leaving it," Billy explained, sitting down across from you. 

"So, why did he?" You inquired. 

"Well, he was arrested for the murders and was sent to jail. But, he escaped. He ran into the woods and we found him," He continued. 

You nodded in comprehension. 

"Do you think he'll look in here?" You asked, suddenly aware that the door didn't have a lock. 

"No. He'll go straight for the house," Billy asserted. 

After a few awkward minutes of silence, Billy stood up and looked through the back window. 

"Come on, he's at the house. Let's go. The others will be worried," Billy figured. 

The two of you slowly snuck out the door before walking back along the highway. 

"What happened to Sidney?" You asked, curious about his ex. 

"Sidney? Sidney Prescott? Why, do you care?" Billy questioned. 

"No, no. The only one of you that I can confirm is a murderer is Norman, so- Actually, that's a lie. I can confirm you're all murderers." You said, retracting your question.

"Oh, can you?" Billy challenged. "Name someone each of us has killed." 

Drawing back the information that Sam had provided you with before his demise, you began to list a victim of each person in the house. 

"Freddy killed Tina Gray, Pennywise killed Georgie Denbrough, Jed killed Franklin Hardestly, Elliott killed Frank Cotton, you killed Stu Macher, Michael killed Alice Martin, Jason killed Diana Kimble, Charles killed Maggie Peterson, Tiffany killed Tony Gardner with Charles, Norman killed Marion Crane, Jeff killed his mother, Margaret, and his father, Peter. Later, he found Smile, so I don't know any of Smile's victims. But he's not really a person, so he doesn't count," You revealed. 

"Huh. Where'd you learn that?" Billy asked as the two of you reached the forest again. 

"Remember the guy I was staying with that Michael killed? He told me you're all from movies. So, I researched the movies," You explained. 

"Oh, no, we're not from movies. They made the movies off of us," Billy countered. "Movies don't create psychos, movies make psychos more creative." 

"That's an interesting view. I guess you're partially right, though," You mumbled, hoping he didn't hear the last bit. You knew Billy was a narcissist just by listening to his tone, his demeanor, and his body language. That was one of the first things you noticed about him. Not feeding his ego would be a huge blow to the trust you had established. 

"What did you say?" He asked, his voice sounding dangerous. 

Well, now you were really in it. 

"I said, 'I guess you're partially right' because not every psychopath was influenced by movies. An exception would be, for example, the girls who stabbed their classmate after watching the Slenderman movie. Most people are not psychologically influenced by movies. For example, John Wayne Gacy more than likely watched a movie with the actor he was named after, John Wayne, but he was not influenced to be the hero. John Wayne played the hero in Big Jake. John Wayne Gacy played the villain in real life," You explained.