Chapter 5

The vampire kingdom is a dark, damp, and cold place as Willow expected. She scrunched her nose as her foot landed on another muddy puddle, slowly ruining her sneakers.

The vampire kingdom is located between werewolf and fae kingdom. Hence, it is colder than fae and damper than werewolf one where cold is a constant companion.

"I hate this place," Willow muttered under her breath. Fae like sunshine and autumn. The dewy, fresh smell of the leaves, the scents that a flower emits while blossoming, the warm sun rays on the skin, everything is wonderful. Which is not the case with this kingdom.

The only advantage it has is- trees. Lots of long, tall trees to block the sun rays. Vampires are allergic to sunshine hence they need it. The other thing that is common in this kingdom are castles. The bigger the position of the vampire, the bigger their castle. Vampires love old places that tells the stories of its own.

Makes sense, as they are old and had lived on earth longer than the rest of them. Even before the supernaturals came out in the world to announce their existence. Especially fae, who came from another realm called Faeland.

As predicted, the "coming out" didn't go well with humans and they announced the war on all supernaturals. Unfortunately, they underestimated the power of supernaturals. Within months, more than 3/4th of human population has been wiped out. To preserve endangered species aka humans, the supernaturals decided to divide the world into kingdoms, equally sharing the left over humans among them, whom are nothing but handful.

Hence, the kingdoms are created. Borders are drawn and interaction among different supernaturals is kept to minimum. No one wants another war on their hands which might be deadly because this time they will be fighting among them, not an outsider. That was many centuries ago.

Willow jogged on the streets of the capital city as she scanned for any suspicious activity. She wore a hoodie and black pants with dirt-stained sneakers. There is an eerie feel to the dark streets. All kinds of supernaturals dwell in the kingdoms. But the maximum ratio is always the ones who rule the kingdom. The others they venture due to trade or for 'adventure'.

It's been a week since she entered the vampire kingdom. It was easier than she thought to sneak into the kingdom. Basically, each kingdom keeps to themselves, not mingling with other supernaturals unless for trade. So, it came as a surprise when she saw no one stopping her to question her purpose of visit.

Willow scoffed as she remembered the careless way the border patrol behaved as if other supernaturals entering their kingdom is new norm. She tucked that knowledge to analyse it later. Perhaps it's a clue for the rogue problem.

The Guild head's words flashed in her mind- the vampire king is unconcerned about the increasing rogue issue which leads us to believe he might have a hand in this.

But what purpose would there be for other supernaturals here? What secrets does the vampire kingdom hiding?

Willow put her hand on the nearest tree and felt for its inner core. She searched through the memories of the tree. Each tree carries a tale. This is a part of her gift. She can read and communicate with trees.

She dropped her hand in frustration. The tree has nothing useful to say or she is not looking in right direction. Dammit! Normally, each leaf has a story to tell, they just need a listening ear. Though, it's not complete sentences and are often chopped words or images that can be misinterpreted, Willow has learned to decipher them... well almost.

All this tree is showing is a mix of vampires and werewolves walking around. That is even weirder. Vampires and werewolves walking together. Unless it's a guild team, which she doubt, it's not possible. Their superior nature make them clash. This is getting weirder.