Chapter 7

"Did all the vampires in this kingdom go to the same school?" Willow drawled, hiding the raising panic inside her behind sarcasm.

"What did you say birch?" The vampire advanced, trying to corner her with each step.

Willow checked the warehouse behind the vampire as if his presence doesn't concern her. Only one. Good.

She can use her power but overuse may leave her defenseless later when she may need it more. She don't know who else found out about her. Even now, someone could be approaching the warehouse or already heard this vampire and might be waiting for her if this vampire fails.

She couldn't risk it. Decision made, Willow completely dropped to the floor and swiped her right leg tackling the vampire to the ground before he could bat an eyelash.

But the vampire is fast. He swiftly stood up and grinned licking his fangs.

"You want to play doll? Let's play," the vampire made a rude gesture clutching his crotch.

Willow wrinkled her nose and instead of replying, she took the weapon from her back as she whirled and jabbed the vampire's stomach with her elbow. Before the vampire can feast upon her vulnerable neck, she twirled and sliced at his shoulder.

The vampire hissed looking at the blood seeping out of his arm. All the playfulness gone, the vampire lunged at willow.

Willow noted the weak spot of the vampire, ducked from the vampire's outstretched hand and stabbed at his thigh.

The vampire howled in pain. "Bitch, I'm going to savour you before I give a slow death to you."

The vampire took a step back, now on guard. He didn't try to come close to Willow. Instead, he tried to spot her weak angle. They both danced around each other for few seconds.

Sensing the urgency of the situation, Willow gave up the defense position and with surprising and unexpected speed, lunged at the vampire, nearly slicing the dagger through his neck.

His neck toppled and fell down while the body still stood, waiting for the command from the brain.

His expression is one of the open-mouthed shock. Willow quickly wiped the blood on the dagger on the vampire's shirt and looked at the dead body.

"Fuck!" She swore as she have to use her power no matter what to cover the evidence.

She dragged the body with a vine just like the werewolf, another vine carrying the head, and soon made the ground swallow the body.

That's too much power usage in a day. Willow once again checked the premises and with light steps, melted in the shadows.

Just like last time, she used the vine to crawl on the branch of the tree. Within seconds, the group returned muttering about trees.

Thankfully, from what she could gather, no one questioned the trap. They seem to believe the werewolf just wanted to grab some attention. Of course, the enmity between these two supernaturals helped her case.

All the same, Willow waited for a good long time until all the commotion died down. After what seemed like forever, Willow dropped to the ground and stealthily walked to the car she has 'borrowed'.

Once she reached her temporary oasis, Willow took a shower and laid naked on the bed, closing her eyes and going to sleep within seconds.

She woke up groggily to the darkening sky. Dusk has just set in, with the sky changing into a spectrum of orange before settling to a dark shade.

Willow took care of business or her "morning routine". With a toast and a soda can before her, she started writing on her journal with her right hand as she munched on her toast.