Chapter 11

Sun peaks out of the horizon, little of it's rays making fall on Suman's face disturbing her peace. "Peace" that what defined her condition right now. Suman had pulled his hand keeping it just below her face as she was sleeping laterally. Shravan had also dozed off to sleep there keeping his head on the bed in the same kneeling position beside her bed. They were at peace, they were each other's peace.

Suman was disturbed by the Sunday's falling on her face, she stirred in her sleep a little. Finally giving up she opens her eyes, and there she sees the best view. A smile creeps her lips. Shravan was sleeping there with his hand in hers, his disheveled hair falling all over his mane. And then his ever so peaceful face, he looked so endearing, Suman and this urge to move her fingers through his hair. Suman pushes her weight on her elbow and then nears him little by little. Slowly she put her fingers in between his hairs and pushes them back from his mane, Shravan stirs feeling the touch. Suman immediately removes her hand. Shravan opens his eyes and finds Suman staring at him. He presents his beautiful smile to her and says in his deep husky voice "Good morning Sumo". "Good morning Shravan"

"You were here all night?" Suman asks.

"Yeah"

"It was not needed. I would had been fine" she says leaning on headboard. Shravan stands up, he feels pain in his back and his legs because of the same position for the whole night. "It's okay Sumo, sometimes you don't know what you need and what you want" he says rubbing his neck a little.

"Is it paining a lot?" She asks concerned.

"No I think it will be fine after sometime" he said sitting on the bed and stretching his legs.

"You will always end up in pain"

"If this costs me just pain, I AM READY FOR IT" he says directly looking into her eyes.

Ishq bhi tu, mera pyaar bhi tu
Meri baat, jaat, jazbat bhi tu

Parwaz bhi tu, rooh-e-saaz bhi tu
Meri saans, nabz aur hayaat bhi tu
Mera raaz bhi tu, pukhraj bhi tu
Meri aas, pyaas aur libas bhi tu
Meri jeet bhi tu, meri haar bhi tu
Mera raaj-kaaj aur mizaaj bhi tu

Suman couldn't retreat her eyes from his. Shravan saying that leaves her room. Suman was bewildered by his confession. "Does he feel the same as I feel for him?" She asked herself. Shravan was back in his room. He simply laid down in his bed in the space left by Pushkar.

Shravan's PoV

Sumo is driving me crazy now. I don't know why she always runs away from me, how can I express myself when I am not 100% sure about her feelings for me. Does she only trusts me as her best friend or is there more to it. In one second I could see his pure soul and the next she shuts it off. Why is she playing games with me? I can't ruin our friendship just because of my feelings. O God show me some path to get off this phase and know what actually Suman wants.

I went to the washroom to freshen up. Today was Sangeet night. It was to be held in the banquet hall. I need to visit once to check everything is okay. I let the water fall through my body, calming my nerves. This confusion is making me a wreck now. I know I should not act like some kind of hormonal teenager but it is just making me so impatient all day and night. I have already waited for her for 5 long years. Many don't realise but if you miss someone every hour of a day then five years is really long, I don't know for how many more I need to wait. I can wait for her for ever but she being infront of me and still I am not able to express my love for her, it's getting on my nerves.

After sometime I came out of my room all ready for the day. I came downstairs and found Suman and her parents enjoying their coffee in the dining area. I smiled seeing them all laugh and chat. A hitch clogged my throat, I missed Bhaiya and Dad. I wish they were also here, how a fulfilled family it would had been same as she has. I slowly climbed down the stairs.