Chapter 14

8 months later

"Ma I am getting late. Where is my lunch?" Suman was sitting fidgeting with the files of her patients. "Coming darling. Two minutes please" Priya replied packing the box. She rushes out of the kitchen and hands over the box and a bottle of juice to here. "Here you go Doc" she teases her. "Maaaaa...come on" Suman hugs and kisses her forehead. "Bye. Take care of yourself" she said.

Suman sat in her car keeping her stuff on the passenger seat and starts the engine. She also turns on the radio and humms with the music that plays. She soon arrives to the hospital. She takes her stuff and comes out of her car. "Good morning ma'am" she happily greets her senior. "Good morning Suman" comes a chirpy reply. "Ma'am today i am posted to the gynae and obs department" Suman informed her. "O great I guess you need to report to Neha. She is today on duty"

"Thank you Ma'am...Shall meet you at lunch" Suman passes a bright smile and rushes to the department she was posted for the day. She the sanitises herself and takes her allotted seat in the room. She then immediately takes out her phone and types. "Good morning love. I wish you have a awesome day ahead. And I miss you" she sighs and sends it.

Delhi

Shravan comes out of the washroom after freshening up. And hears the notification bell. He rushes to reach his phone. And there the message read "Good morning love. I wish you have a awesome day. And I miss you". Shravan smiles seeing the message. "Sumo" he breathes. He immediately texts back "Good morning Sumo. After reading this I am sure to have an awesome day. And I miss you too. Take care of yourself. Please do not exaggerate."

Shravan and Suman now were on a long distance relationship. Suman had her internship to complete there so she stayed in Mumbai and here Shravan's master degree was ongoing. Both couldn't reach out each other so they were destined for this. Although Shravan or Suman came to visit each other, also Suman was called often to Mumbai for the ongoing case of Arjun. Two months before he was convicted and she got her justice. And all thanks to Shravan he had worked day and night on the case and helped Suman's lawyer to strengthen the case and finally they did win it.

Last two months were hectic for them and therefore they couldn't visit each other as Shravan have got holidays for a week he decided to give Suman a surprise visit today evening. He was very very excited for the day. He got ready and came downstairs. "Ready beta?" Nirmala exclaims. "Yes Ma. Are you ready?" He asks. "Yes ofcourse. Come let's have breakfast we can then leave for the airport" She says and starts serving him and herself. Things have changed in Malhotra Mansion. Shravan and Kamini have hardly encountered each other after that day. Shravan avoids her to avoid his outburst. Nirmala also didn't force him because she knew Kamini had hurt someone who is very dear to him and he hardly forgives them. But the way the house is broken into two pieces it hurts her she never wanted this for the Malhotras' but she didn't want to rub the soft place of both of them so she thought to give them their own time to come on normal terms.

"Shravan" Nirmala called. "Hmm Ma." He raised his gaze from his plate. "There is some kind of virus circulating around China. You heard about that?" She says. "Oo yeah Ma.. that's called Corona virus. It has originated from the Wuhan of China. The condition are terrible there it's really a big thing not in terms of size but yeah in its effects. Also there are few cases found in south of India." He says munching on his last bite of parathas. "Is it safe to travel?" She asks wiping her hands. "I guess so Ma. The government is taking their precautions. And we will stay for just a week Ma. I guess everything will be okay" he says. "I hope so that. Come let's go" she says taking her handbag. They reached the airport and had to undergo thermal screening for domestic travel and were asked to wear a mask and gloves provided with a headshield. When they arrived Mumbai, then they had also go through many procedures.