Chapter 15

A week passed away, after so long everyone were together. They had lot of fun. Soon Preeti is college had also declared a holiday for them on the view of Covid-19. The situation no was growing serious. Everyone got worried about the new disease, and also got worried about Suman. She was working in a direct contact to the disease now. As her hospital had reported the first case of Covid-19. It was now time for Shravan and Nirmala to leave they had their flight two days later.

"Sumo" Shravan enters her room. "Yup" she looks to him. "Come here" he opens his arm for her. Suman hugs him inhaling his cologne . "We will leave day after tomorrow" he said placing a kiss on her head. "Please don't make me remember. I already know" she snuggled more. "Is is necessary for you to work there at this point of time" he asked. "Shravan...please. I have already had an intense conversation with ma and papa. Not now about this again and especially with you Shravan" she said sounding tired. "They love you a lot" he said cradling her in his arms. "I know but they need to understand this is what I had always wanted to be. This degree is just useless if I don't help my people when they need it the most" she said raising her head and looking at him. "I know. And I understand your point if view. But this is really really heart wrenching. The people dying in different countries" Shravan shuddered on the mention. "Shravan" she cupped his face.

"Come here" she led him to the bed and both sat down. "Shravan what you want to be is as risky as what I am going for, it's just you have your enemies as human and I have the virus, we both can't quit thinking about the consequences Shravan. I myself know how much risk it holds but I want to Shravan." She said rubbing circles on the back of his palm. "And my love." She pulled both of his cheeks. "If I die, do not grieve on it be proud that your Sumo was a martyr"

"Sumo" Shravan shouts and stands up. "What the heck are you speaking?" His eyes filled up with tears threatening to spill. "Shravan..I was just..." she was about to get hold of his hand but he shrugs them off angrily. "Are you genuinely out of your mind?" "Do you even think before what you say?" Shravan shouts at her. "Shra...." she too stands up. "What Shravan? What?"
"Have you ever felt any thing for me? Ha? Is it my duty to remember every single person I love as a martyr? Ami destined to grieve always?" His eyes were red bloodshot now. Suman understood his turmoil and cursed herself for her blunder.

"Shravan...Sshhh" she rubbed her palm over his heart. "I am here Shravan ryt infront of you." These word did work a little on him. "Come sit down" she made his sit but he avoided any contact with her eyes. "Shravan I was just joking. Calm down please. I am sorry... I am really sorry" she run her fingers through his thick mane. Shravan sighed and put his head on her stomach hugging her. "I don't want to lose anyone anymore Sumo. This time I won't be able to handle. I am..I am not that strong Sumo" he said. "I know Shravan. I know. No one will leave you ever." She said. "Sumo" he took both of her hands in his. "Promise me..Promise me you won't die. You will live." His lower lips quivering. "I promise" she said. "Dare you die without my permission, I will bring you back to kill you by my own hands" he gritted his teeth. Suman smiled hearing him. Suman immediately capture his lips and savoured them for long. Long enough to take away all the pain in his heart.

Later that night. Suman was helping Shravan pack his stuff. "Shravan you carry more things than I carry Shravan" she huffed after folding the T shirt. "Sumo you never know what is the situation so I always carry extra." He said throwing one of his sweatshirt towards her. "Ouuuuu" she winced. "So bad of you" and she threw a pillow towards him. "Sumo.." he dodged the pillow. "You idiot" Suman ran towards him and Shravan escaped. "You big body small head" she cursed him and ran. "O my little body large head" he teased her. Suman threw one more pillow towards him and this time it hits him right near his eye. "Ouu" he press one palm on his eyes and sit down on bed wincing. Suman got worried, her laugh disappeared and she rushed to him. "Shrav..Shravan.. you okay? I am sorry. I was just." She said. "Sumo it's okay relax" he said smiling not want8ng her to feel guilty. "Please remove your hand let me see it once" she requested. Shravan removed his palm and she saw his eye had turned red. "I am really sorry. Please sit here" she rushed to the washroom and wet her dupatta in the water. And then comes out and wipes his eyes.