06.

location: ninjago city (season 8)

˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚

what happens when your second chance is thrown away?

what happens when destiny betrays you twice?

you lock yourself in a room, i guess. 

the ninja gave y/n space, but they were concerned for the princess - she refused to eat or drink anything but water. 

and to add to y/n's anguish, harumi appeared to be almost indifferent to the death of her parents. she was always reserved about her feelings - that was nothing new. but how? how could she possibly hold herself together and cheerfully help the ninja with their daily responsibilities? sure, y/n was jealous of her sister's happiness. but more considerably, it made her feel insecure about her own emotions. 

was death just... insignificant to some people? 

was her feeling of numbness pathetic? 

because of y/n's distant soul, she only exited the sleeping quarters when everyone else was asleep. after all, star-gazing was particularly calming. 

y/n creeped out of the top bunk bed, trying her best not to wake the sibling below her. she tip-toed her way to the front of the boat, and she rested her weak body on the wooden floor. reveling the smell of the dull night wind, she began her rant. "mom, dad..."

"i was given a second chance at being a daughter and i- i blew it. is there any way you could forgive me? i'm so sorry-"

"hey, you alright?"

y/n reluctantly turned around, not expecting any visitors at this hour. there stood the gray ninja, looking at her with worry and sorrow. y/n pat the deck, gesturing nya to sit next to her. as she settled next to the princess, they watched the sky in tranquility.

"i'm truly sorry your highness, i tried everything..."

"it's no one's fault. and please, call me y/n," she whispered.

"i know, i know. but i still feel terrible. how are you taking it?"

"frankly, not good. it's like..." 

"...like being entangled in a world that's falling apart. witnessing the bliss-filled air transform into an endless wrath of grief."