17.

location: ninjago city (season 8)

˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚

"are you guys mental?!" y/n almost stood up, but remembering sam's words, she contained herself.

cole ruffled his hair and faced the old lady. "what other option could there be? the tea worked, right mystake?" mystake nodded, supervising lloyd while the rest of the ninja crowded near y/n.

"but... but how? how could i have gone all these years without knowing?"

"i wasn't found by sensei wu until i was your age," kai revealed. "and before then, i was clueless about my powers."

jay stifled a laugh. "kai thought sensei wu was psycho at first!" 

"shut up!"

nya playfully rolled her eyes and sighed. "i had it much worse. sensei wu waited two god damn years to tell me i was the master of water. and i was happy being a fucking samurai!"

"she was an awesome samurai," cole gushed. "when the time twins tried to take over ninjago, the only thing nya was worried about was who stole her suit!"

"well, how would you feel if someone took your cake?"

"bruh!"

"that's enough," zane interrupted, cocking his hands upward. he turned to the princess with a soft expression. "y/n. how about we train you at the bounty once your injuries heal?"

y/n put her elbow on the armchair and poked her cheek. "if we end up defeating harumi, wouldn't that make me the only queen?"

"YEAH, AND THAT WOULD BE SO COOL! the queen of ninjago being an elemental master!" jay said, hopping up and down eagerly. 

"being a queen is more than just sitting still and looking pretty. it requires commitment. i should know, my mother neglected me for most of my palace life." the ninja gave y/n a sympathetic look, earning a gracious smile from the princess. "i don't even know what element i have, let alone how to handle it."

nya kneeled and took her hands in y/n's. "we will know eventually. give it some time, alright?"

before she could respond, the store started shaking fiercely. the ninja looked at each other in panic and ran outside, followed by y/n, who was rolling her pesky wheelchair. alas, nothing looked out of the ordinary.