10.

location: ninjago city (season 8)

˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚

the seven individuals huddled at the dinner table, studying the discovery. "i don't get it. why was the baby wrapped in a map?"

cole, who was still cuddling the baby, glanced at the fire ninja. "i don't know. maybe they didn't have any diapers either."

"this part here looks like it could be the central part of ninjago."

y/n couldn't help but notice harumi's gleaming red cheeks. lloyd, although less conspicuous, also had noticeable drips of sweat that trickled down his forehead. 

yet, they both seemed perfectly contented. 

"lloyd? rumes? you guys look flushed. is everything okay?"

lloyd quickly wiped his face while harumi pursed her mouth into a small smirk. 

"what? oh y-yeah, we're fine. not sick. rumi and i just finished a chloe ting exercise."

the rest of the ninja looked at lloyd suspiciously while y/n, clueless, fixated her attention back to the map. "and the x. you think the third oni mask could be hidden there?"

he nodded in agreement, still embarrassed. "my mother used to tell me about this place. it's an uncharted vast wilderness of death. her friend, an archaeologist, i think his name was dr. yost, he had gone in to map the area. but he never returned."

"i don't want to say it, but it sounds like the perfect place to hide something you don't want anyone to find-"

nya couldn't finish that sentence before a screech came from kai.

"AAAH! DAMN IT! WHAT THE FUCK, JAY?"

jay, who simply wanted to entertain himself by chasing the meatballs on his plate, didn't realize he had stabbed kai's hand with a fork. "shit i'm sorry! i didn't mean too-"

"don't! just, don't," kai winced. 

"what are you feeding him?" nya asked cole, not wanting to hear another second of her brother and boyfriend's feud.

"tea!"

"tEA? the fuck, you can't feed a baby tea!"

cole raised his hands defensively. "why not? he likes it. he won't drink anything else!"

before nya could express her disapproval, she was interrupted by the blaring noise of the ship's alarm system. 

~

"t-this would be a good time to make a minor confession. i am s-samurai x."

"what? are you serious?" kai threw his hands up before grimacing at the fresh pain of his wound.