07.

location: ninjago city (season 8)

n/n ~ nickname

˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚

"long before time had a name, there was the realm of oni and dragon."

"one of the sixteen realms?" lloyd replied.

"r-realms?"

mystake scoffed. "not 'one of!' the first! the dragon had the power to create. the oni had the power to destroy. their war was never-ending."

"but a child arrived, born of both worlds. the child understood the power of both - without one, you could not have the other. but when the oni and the dragon fought over which side the child should choose, the child abandoned their world to start a new one called ninjago."

"... are you telling me the child born from both worlds is the first spinjitzu master?"

"who?" y/n questioned louder than before. she loved researching about the ninja, but there was little on the internet about their heritage. and there being sixteen other planets? or was it universes? y/n was so lost.  

"oh heh... so uh my father, no, my grandfather. he uhh, basically created this world."

"world? like earth?"

mystake giggled, watching lloyd struggling to explain the concept of realms. she then turned to y/n. "sweetie, all of this will make sense later. for now, you can relax and enjoy the tea."

y/n obeyed the lady, slightly annoyed.

lloyd looked at y/n with mellow eyes, then directed his attention back to mystake. "hey, does this mean i'm part oni and dragon too?

"like i said, truth can be dangerous. after the first spinjitzu master created ninjago, he fathered two sons of his own - he thought he could escape the war. he saw the evil of the oni was waiting to be unleashed in one of his sons, lord garmadon! it was up to master wu to control his brother's undying thirst to destroy, and with some help, lord garmadon was destroyed by the most powerful force of all: the love of his own son."

a smile tugged y/n's lips as she nudged lloyd, still not understanding what the hell they were talking about.

"but in his absence, a void was created. a new darkness has arisen."

"...the sons of garmadon."

"the three oni masks are relics from the first realm, and they wield tremendous power. the power to deceive. the power of vengeance. the power to hate!" 

lloyd poked his cheek. "what happens when they're united?"

"you cannot let that happen," mystake said meekly as she shook her head.