18.

location: ninjago city

˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚ *˚. ✧ . ˚

"oh no... this is just the beginning." harumi shot the three of them one last sinful glare before revealing the mask of hatred. slowly bringing the mask to her face, her devil counterpart returned to life. lloyd tried his best to fight back, but his lack of power left them no choice but to run. the princess roared in laughter and sprinted after lloyd and y/n. 

y/n's stomach pooled with butterflies as she and lloyd traversed through the roofs of ninjago's buildings. she winced every time she hit the ground, but ignoring the sharp pain, she continued to jump over each one hurriedly. but, as all things are, they eventually came to a dead end. 

baby wu crossed his arms and pouted as the two of them caught their breath. "go! go! what awe you waiting fwore?"

falling on his knees, lloyd placed one palm on the ground for support. y/n crouched down slightly and offered a hand. "are you alright?"

the green ninja squinted his eyes in pain and looked up at her with the most sorrowful expression. because the truth was, the weight of the situation was tearing him apart - garmadon was back.

it really hurt lloyd to think of that monster as his father. at least the old lord garmadon had feelings. at least he understood what family meant. at least he understood that lloyd, before being an enemy, before being the only thing preventing him from absolute greatness, was his creation. his mark in the world.

his son.

but now, garmadon was nothing more than an emotionless robot with a strong desire to destroy peace. and perhaps what bothered lloyd most was that he knew his father wasn't doing this for his own gain - even the evil that coursed through his blood lost all sense of self. 

so no, harumi wasn't allowing garmadon to bring ninjago back to glory. because there was no ruler left in him - she just wanted to piss someone off. 

"lloyd?"

"what's the point, y/n. harumi is gonna catch up sooner or later."

"don't say that." y/n glanced around, her eyes landing on the apartment complex in front of them. "we could go through there," she suggested. 

"hell, the building's way too high up. jay couldn't jump up there even when he's sugar high." 

"use tha windowezes!" the infant exclaimed, unaffected by the negative energy. 

lloyd sighed deeply. "wu, that's also dangerous. we can't risk it, especially with y/n's condition."

"we don't have much of a choice. and why are you suddenly worried about me? it's not like you cared for me when you wrote those goddamn-"