Chapter 1

Venus's POV
I woke up staring at the sealing. I didn't want to get up today either, but I knew if I didn't leave before 6:00 am he would come back in and make me do things I didn't wanna do.

I jumped up trying to make less noise to not wake them up. I walked towards my closet trying to dress as fast as possible.

I turned to look at the clock and it was 6:00 am I started shaking knowing what was going to happen and then I heard the doorknob to my room was turning.

I woke up shaking and noticed it was all a dream. It wasn't even 5:40 am yet but I was up and ready to leave.

I get dressed in some black jeans, and a torn dark blue sweater. I brush my teeth and hair. I was ready to go so, I grabbed my backpack with my school work in it and opened the window to my room.

We didn't have a big 2 story house, in fact we had a one story house with 2 rooms. Mom had to work extra hours to just make enough for us to eat and have a roof over our heads.

I jumped out of my window and left.

I was making my way towards the coffee shop that is right down the street of my school. The town that I live in was a medium place for me so I new mostly everything.

On my free time I would walk for hours and would find new places and beautiful sites.

I made my way inside as I was greeted by Tylor.

He said with a smile on his face, "Hey V how are ya?"

I smiled back, "I'm fine thanks for asking."

I looked around the room trying to find Cristal. I asked with a raised eyebrow, "Now where is my Crissy? Because if you fired her, you just lost a great costumer."

He chuckled, "She's in the back counting the money from yesterday because we're about to open."

I was about to walk to the back when I was grabbed by the hood of my sweater. "What time is it?" He asked.

"Geez, I never thought you would be mad at me coming over early-."

I was cut off, "That's not what I meant. What I meant was that it's breakfast time. And I know you don't eat in the morning's, but if your going to start coming in the mornings your having breakfast here."

I was about to refuse but I was cut off, again, "This isn't up for desiccation. You need food ma'am. Now ima heat up a bread and make you a drink right now, but before that you should say hi to Cristal or she might kill me for keeping you out here for too long." He said while walking away. I chuckled.

I might not have a dad, but I have him...

I made my way to the back of the shop and saw Cristal so focused on the numbers she was calculating. I walked closer and closer and put my hand on her shoulder for her to scream in shock.

I started laughing, correction wheezing. By the time I knew it she was laughing with me, "Oh my god V you gave me a literal heart attack."

I replied while going in for a hug, "I'm sorry Crissy it's just that you looked so focused that I had to interrupt." She looked at the clock and back at me. I knew what she was thinking.

I sighed, "I'm going Ty already had a chat with me about eating properly."

She smiled, "You know what to make it easier I'll eat with you." I shook my head while smiling agreeing we should eat together.

I had a chocolate croissant with a Malibu shake. While Crissy had a coffee with a blueberry muffin. After we where done, it was around 6:25 am.

"I have to start on school work so do you mind if I borrow this chair and table?" I asked Ty.