Chapter 5

Venus's POV
I woke up in a hospital bed as all the events from yesterday flooded my mind. I tried to get up, but was too weak to. I had an IV bag connected onto my arm.

I was looking at my surroundings as I spotted the big window to my left. The view, it was beautiful. I saw the sun rise. The beautiful pink sky mixed with purple.

It was just breath taking.

I heard the door open so I turned my attention to the door. It was Leo. Or to be more precise dad. At least that's what I called him yesterday.

He walked to the side of the hospital bed, "Hey love, why are you awake this early? It's not even 6 yet. You should sleep some more."

"I'm not sleepy anymore. I'm kind of bored." I said while looking out into the view.

He said while also looking into the view, "It's beautiful isn't it."

"Yeah it's breathtaking."

"Oh by they way, I had your backpack brought here. I'm not sure if you were going to need it."

"Oh thanks." Yes! I have something to do now!

He handed me my backpack, which was sitting on top of a chair. I opened it pouring out my books and a few things I had brought from where I used to live.

He softly chucked while sitting on the side of the hospital bed, "Oh, you had books in there. No wonder it was pretty heavy."

"Yup, these are my prized possessions," I said with a smile.

"What's this?" he asked while pointing at the album of photos my mother had made when I was about 9.

"I- it was a gift from mom. She didn't finish it though. So, I had to. Y- you can look through it if you want," I stutter while handing it to him.

He grabbed it but before he could open it Doctor Gomez walked in.

Oh thank god. No more questions from him. Sorry Leo.

"Good morning Venus. I'm glad your awake. It's time for your treatment so Mr. De Luca can you please step out side." Dad got up and gave me a reassuring smile that, I'm guessing, meant that I was going to be okay.

Mrs. Gomez is a nice person, so I trust her. But the other nurses just make me uncomfortable. It's like they're staring at me like a lad rat or something. I get chills just from thinking about it.

The treatments weren't that bad but she said she had to run more tests. Mrs. Gomez also would ask me questions about my eating habits and stuff.

"So, when you lived with your mother what would you eat in a day?"

"I- umm... I would have breakfast at a cafe my friends own. And I would eat some crackers or and apple on a daily basis. Depending oh how my mom was feeling."

She gasped at my response. I couldn't help but feel embarrassed. I mean I knew I was supposed to be eating more, but my body was trained to eat a little. Even when I ate at the cafe with Crissy and Ty I couldn't  get the bread to sit in my stomach. 

She seemed to have noticed my behavior. "Hey, it's ok you don't have to be embarrassed about it. I just want you to try to eat more little by little. Don't force yourself to eat either. It's not good for your digestive system."