Chapter 4

Venus's POV
I was laying down in my room as usual. I couldn't help but wonder if I was ever going to escape this mad place.

Mother had just gotten a new job, so her shifts were longer. She would come home complaining about her boss, but if James was here and heard her complain he would beat her.

I hear the house door open. So I sat up and ran to the door hoping it was my mom and that this wretched dream was going to be over.

"Mom! I missed you so much!" I said as I tried to run to her and hug her.

I was thrown back and fell on my ass. "You stupid child. You have brought me nothing but misery," she fell to the ground and started crying, "I wish you could just rot and die in a hole!"

She screamed her lungs out. Every ounce of hate she could have was directed towards me. She was saying all these horrible things to me.

She got up and ran in my direction tackling me. I didn't have a chance to react and was just there on the floor. She got on top of me and started strangling me.

I couldn't breath I wanted to call out for help... but couldn't. Nobody was there. And I knew nobody was ever going to be there.

I gave up trying to defend myself  from suffocating... I just wanted it to end, that's all I ever wanted.

I woke up shaking and trying to catch my breath. I was coughing up blood at this point. Fudge. It might be because of the punch James landed on my stomach.

What do I do? Should I tell Leo or should I just stay quiet about it? He might ask me a lot of questions that I don't want to answer. Whatever I'm not gunna tell him.

I turned around to check what time it was. The clock read 4:30 am. I got up to shower and change into some new fresh clothes, that don't show any of my scars. I braided my hair back into two French braids.

What Venus is wearing

*just the sweater from this picture