7

M: "Heh. I knew it. I mean he's cute so no one can resist him." She started teasing Megumi.

M: "Yeah. Whatever." He tried to get back to the point.

M: "But for real. You should confess. I mean I bet he likes you at least, since he doesn't like to open up to someone that fast. And he even approached you first. Just take your time so you both can get to know each other more. If you're ready you should confess first." She claimed.

M: "Okay. Thank you, Maki." He said a little relieved.

M: "No problem. I'm hanging up now. If there's anything call me anytime."
She then said before hanging up.

Megumi decided to tell Gojo and called him right away. He picked up directly.

G: "Megumi~ it's pretty rare when you call me. Do you need anything?" He asked happily.

M: "I wanted to tell you that I might stay here." He said a little nervous.

There was a silence for a few seconds.

G: "Hmm I see. It's alright. Maki told me already so..." He laughed.

G: "And the investigations ended with Yuuji Itadori as well, since he seems to be innocent. So do what you please." He added.

"They really get on my nerves..." Megumi thought to himself.

G: "But that doesn't mean that you should forget me! You have to visit me sometime with Maki and her girlfriend as well! Got it?"

M: "Alright. Thanks." With that he hung up.

Megumi was relieved. But now he has to figure out if he really likes Itadori...
"His smile and personality are the sweetest for sure..." he talked to himself.

He can't actually believe that he might like Itadori. He has never felt this way before. It's strange but he doesn't hate it. Megumi really likes having Yuuji around him. But does Yuuji feel the same way is the next question...

*2 weeks later*

Summer break started now. Megumi and Maki decided a week ago already to go to New York and visit Gojo there for 3 weeks or so. Maki takes Nobara with her. And Megumi would like to take Yuuji with him as well. So he's going to ask him today because they have to fly in three days already.

They were on their way home after the last day of school.

Y: "We can finally take a break!" Yuuji jumped around happily.

M: "Yuuji. I have a question."
Megumi then spoke up.

Y: "Huh? What is it?" He asked as he turned around curiously.

M: "Maki and me are going to visit our uncle in New York in a few days. She's taking Nobara with her... would you like to come too?" He asked while looking to the ground since he got a little shy.

Y: "What?! Really?! Am I allowed to? Wouldn't I be a burdensome to your relatives?" He asked excitedly.

M: "You really do overthink everything...no. My uncle is the complete opposite. He likes when we bring our friends with us. So...do you want to or not?" He then looked up.

Y: "I'd love to!" He smiled at Megumi now.

M: "You better be ready. We're flying in three days after all." He commanded.

Y: "Got it!" He said with full of energy.

Megumi was relieved that he'd come with them. He doesn't want to be a third wheel and also wouldn't like to hang out with Gojo since he's pretty annoying.

*Three days later*

It's 5am. The four of them are already at the airport and they will take off in an hour already.
It was a pain in the ass to wake Yuuji up. He whined and refused to go. Megumi managed to bring him here somehow.
They sat on chairs and waited to board inside the plane. Yuuji slept on Megumi's shoulder. Maki and Nobara teased Megumi of course.

A flight attendant finally called their flight number and that they were ready to check in. Yuuji woke up and the four of them went inside the plane and sat on their seats. Gojo booked them a flight in the business area.

M: "Gojo really doesn't know what to do with his money, huh?" Maki grinned as she sat down.

M: "Let him be I guess." Megumi shrugged his shoulders.

Yuuji wanted to sit next to the window. Apparently it's his first time being on a plane. Megumi sat next do him.
The plane was ready to take off after 20 minutes. Megumi noticed that Yuuji got nervous once the plane was driving around at first.
Megumi held onto Yuuji's hand and stroked it to calm him down a little.
Yuuji got startled at first but let him.
Megumi tried to pull his hand out of Yuuji's grip but he didn't let go.
Megumi looked at Yuuji. He was sleeping peacefully.

"Just how strong is he?" Megumi started questioning his own strength now.
He could feel the eyes of Nobara and Maki glued to them so he didn't dare to look at them. He decided to sleep too.

*8 hours later*

Megumi woke up. It was dark now and quiet inside the plane. He looked to the side and saw Maki and Nobara sleeping. He then turned to Yuuji, who was watching a show on his tablet. They were still holding hands. Megumi blinked a few times before blushing a little.
He got up and caught Yuuji's attention now.

Y: "You finally woke up. I was bored y'know..." He whispered in relief.

M: "I'm still tired tho... I think I'm going to sleep again." He yawned and closed his eyes again.

Y: "Wait, don't fall asleep before I do." Yuuji said now and packed his tablet inside his backpack. He then covered himself up with a blanket.

They still held hands. Seems like they both didn't mind that.
Megumi just smiled. Megumi opened his eyes after about 10 minutes because he heard some soft snoring. Yuuji was sleeping peacefully in front of him. Megumi realized just then that he likes when Yuuji sleeps by his side.
Megumi played with Yuuji's hair and stroked his cheeks gently. They were both soft. He pulled back once reality hit him.

"Just what am I doing to a sleeping person?" He then fell asleep as well. And so did Megumi and Yuuji sleep while holding hands the whole flight.

To be continued...