3. Falling In Love

✨𝑹𝑶𝒀𝑨𝑳𝑺
✨Part 3

"why didn't we specified the Royal to be princess in our letter!" the queen voiced as the king let out a regretful sigh.

They had indeed forgotten to specify the gender of the said royal and since they were the one to initiate proposal, turning it down would sour the relationship of two kingdoms.

But at the same time he could not accept his son married to a Man.

He was in a dilemma and the letter from King Kim Seokjin of Busan that was given by Taehyung to him was making the situation worse.

It was evident that Seokjin was looking forward to this alliance. And knowing how much of madlad he was, and how easily he takes offense in things, sending rejecting the proposal after having initiated it first, would mean war.

They needed a good reason to reject the proposal, genuine enough for seokjin to not take offense.

"Your majesty, if Daegu supports gay rights, then they support choice of an individual, if we say that the Prince Jungkook is straight and hence can't marry Prince Taehyung, they shouldn't be offended," the third courtier said as jungkook gave him death glares.

The king and Queen's faces lit up with joy!

It was such a simple and easy solution to all of their problems.

"But I am not straight!" jungkook blurted out before anyone could respond to that courtier.

"Jungkook-" king said in stern voice but was cut off by jungkook, he had had enough of their homophobia.

"No Father! You need to Respect and Accept my sexuality."

"Jungkook try to understand! It's just a phase and you would regret it later!" the queen said, breaking jungkook's heart but this time he was determined to stay strong.

"You are right, I would regret it later if I remain closeted and marry a woman." jungkook spoke up, it was the first time he had fought back against his mother, for she had always been his weak spot.

"Jeon jungko-" the king tried to speak but again was cut off by jungkook

"Taehyung knows I am gay so your plan of Lying about my sexuality won't be working anyway." jungkook said with straight face surprising everyone.

It was a lie. Jungkook had no idea Taehyung was going to be his fiancé, he hadn't even uttered a word about being gay to anyone before that incident, not even to gureum, afraid that someone might hear it.
But it seemed like the best bet to save himself from being closeted for life and hence he went for it.
Though it wasn't going to be a lie for a long time.

"what! Since when?"  the king questioned breaking jungkook out of his trance

"way before you both became aware about it." jungkook scoffed

"what.."  queen whispered to herself, feeling as if she failed as a parent. Her own son felt more comfortable sharing his feelings with someone else than he did with her. And why wouldn't he, after all when he finally shared his feelings to her, all she did was invalidate them. She was disappointed in herself.

"if you love me, just let me be happy, please !" jungkook said "by not marrying me and Taehyung, you would be risking the lives of our citezens do you really want that? If not for me, then for their sake, let me marry Taehyung." hearing this from jungkook broke Queen's heart in a million pieces.