4. Prince Of His Dreams

✨𝑹𝑶𝒀𝑨𝑳𝑺
✨Part 4

He was already falling for Taehyung, and from the looks of it, Taehyung seemed to like him too.

After a while of staying together in each other's embrace, their moment was interrupted with a guard knocking on the door, Taehyung removed his hands from jungkook, they both sat up straight and jungkook gave the guard permission to enter.
The guard bowed and informed them that the king and queen wish to see them at the Royal dining hall, for lunch.

Jungkook let out an involuntary groan, he did not wished to deal with them right now, he just wanted to stay forever in Taehyung's embrace wit Taehyung rubbing his back and caressing his hair.

But that wasn't possible, h̶e̶ they needed to go to the Royal dinning hall.

Even though Taehyung didn't knew what had happened between jungkook and his parents, it was obvious that their was some Distress between them.

Though, not even in his wildest dreams could he imagine it to be jungkook's sexuality, because for him, due to the environment he grew up in, it wasn't something out of the ordinary.

Nonetheless, he held jungkook's hand and gave him a gentle smile, as if saying 'don't worry, I am with you, I would protect you'

Jungkook smiled back and they both went to the Royal dinning hall, where an Enraged King, afraid courtiers and a Distressed Queen were waiting for them.

Jungkook's grip on Taehyung's hand tightened looking at the seen before him, the Queen's teary eyes had lit up seeing her soon

She rushed towards them and engulfed him in a motherly hug.

Tears fell down both of their faces, while Taehyung looked at the two smiling softly, he didn't knew what happened but what he did know was that these were the happy tears.

The Queen, didn't cared what others would think in that moment all that mattered was her son.
She was afraid she would loose him that he would runaway.
She could not afford to loose her only son, she would much rather loose the tittle of queen than losing him.
And so she whispered, "I love and accept you just the way you are." hearing those words from her was a shock to jungkook in a good way of course, he tightened the hug and whispered a soft 'I love you' to his mother.

The king cleared his throat, startling the two as they finally pulled apart.

Jungkook held Taehyung's hand, not in search of protection rather to say to everyone else present over there, that he would not Condone any disrespect towards his fiancé. Taehyung smiled at this gesture as they both sat on the table.

The lunch was rather silent, but that silence communicated a lot. The King's expressions were all over the place, he seemed enraged, disappointed, afraid all at the same time but Jungkook couldn't figure out whether the king was disappointed in his son or was he disappointed in himself.
The Queen had a soft smile on her face and Taehyung held jungkook's hand in his, under the table, as a sign of comfort.
Their was an evident tension in the room and none of them dared to break the silence.

"Prince Taehyung," the king said as Taehyung's head perked up, he looked in the King's direction and jungkook's grip on his hand tightened,
the king continued, "you should stay with us for few days, you two could get to know each other and plan your marriage."  hearing those words from his father's mouth was something that jungkook never imagined would happen.
He was glad, very glad.
Even if it was for the citizens and to avoid the war, he was happy that his father has finally accepted.

"Sure, your majesty." Taehyung said and smiled.

"Taehyung-ah," the Queen said "you don't need to be so formal, you can call us mother father, after all you would be marrying our son."

"Alright mother" Taehyung said and showed his boxy smile, after coming to Busan this was the first genuine acceptance he had gotten from jungkook's Parent.

After the lunch Taehyung was guided to a separate room, though jungkook wanted him in his room, but he didn't bothered to argue with his parent's decision.
in a few months after their marriage they would be living together anyway.

Jungkook accompanied Taehyung to his room and then excused himself,
He needed to talk with his parents.

All these years they both had loved him, raised him, fulfilled his every demand.
They had always wished the best for him and their country,
And right now marrying him to Taehyung was the only option, they can't risk so many innocent lives. Moreover that's what jungkook wanted as well.

Jungkook knocked on their room door and entered, he engulfed his parents in a hug and said, "thank you" the queen caressed his back as the king just stood still, when he finally pulled out of the hug  "you are going to regret your decision jeon." the king said, gaining a glare from the queen "I just agreed to avoid war." he mumbled as jungkook just smiled, he knew they weren't going to change so soon, he was just glad that at least his mother accepted him and for whatever reason it might be, his father agreed to this marriage too.

He was just glad that he could marry the Prince of his dreams.