Chapter 72

UNEDITED. WILL BE REPLACED ONCE THE EDITED VERSION COMES IN.

_________________________________________

Kagami sighed, placing her mascara down on to her vanity table. She pressed her lips together, spreading the lipstick between both her lips so that it looked even.

She sat back, looking at herself in the mirror with a grimace.

It went without a doubt that Kagami knew Adrien's schedule, and despite not getting an answer for quite a few weeks, she knew Adrien would be representing his father at fashion week.

She wasn't invited as Adrien's guest, but she sure as hell had every intention to show up anyway.

She pressed her lips together, continuing to spread her lipstick before giving herself one final look in the mirror.
She leaned forward, glancing herself in the eye despite her chest growing tight.

She was going to make Adrien listen to her.
This wasn't over for her.

_________________________________________

"Am I underdressed?" Marinette whispered, her hand squeezing on to her husband's hand with hopeful reassurance. "I don't want to stand out."

She crossed her legs, drawing her eyes away from the view outside the car window. She reached up, her free hand trembling as she twisted her earrings.

Adrien sat beside her, his green eyes drawing away from the window and completely focusing on his wife beside him. He shook his head lightly, admiring the red knee length dress she wore. He loved the way her diamond necklace contrasted her blushing freckled skin at the square neckline.

Hell, she could wear a trash bag and Adrien swore she would've made it look nice. He watched as Marinette tucked a loose curl of her hair behind her ear before she leaned into him with a small pout.

"Trust me, you look amazing." Adrien reassured, his heart squeezing in his chest the moment he felt her leaning into him.

Adrien enjoyed it when Marinette wore her hair down, he felt it framed her beautiful face perfectly. It was a sight he knew he could never be tired of.

Adrien kept his composure as casual as his outfit. He made sure to wear the dress pants his father desired, but the suit just felt incredibly uncomfortable. He simply topped it with a blazer and white shirt beneath. He wasn't too fond of showing up to events in his father's place, but having Marinette there seemed to make the errand a whole lot easier.

"If anything, they'll be people wearing such bizarre outfits, they'd stand out from all of us." Adrien joked, bringing Marinette's hand to his lips so that he could press a gentle kiss to the back of it.

Marinette nodded, a small blush coating her cheeks as Adrien kissed her skin and she shyly glanced away.

"R-Right." She sputtered, her blue eyes snapping from tree to tree as they whisked by. "That's what we want..." she sighed, her hand squeezing his ever more tightly. "To blend in and not stick out at all."

Adrien chuckled, his thumb caressing the back of her hand as he could sense Marinette's anxiety just by the tone of her voice. It wasn't often that Marinette was jolted into the spotlight and he understood the things that could've been running through her mind.

Despite her parents running a well known bakery, it was very obvious that Marinette often kept to herself.
There wasn't anything wrong with that, in fact, if Adrien had that opportunity he'd do the same.

He bit his lip, glancing away as he watched the venue approach, but he couldn't stop thinking.

There were many changes Marinette had made to be with him, and there was no way he could ever show her how appreciative he was of that.