Chapter 75

UNEDITED, BEWARE OF SOME GRAMMATICAL ERRORS.

_________________________________________

Marinette swore it was a dream.
Had it not been for the pain, Marinette could've sworn she was experiencing a nightmare.

  She could heart the faint beeping of the heart monitor, and Marinette squinted her eyes as the room appeared bright beneath her eyelids.
  She didn't want to open her eyes. She was sure that if she opened them, she'd be welcomed by a horrible bloody stitched up wound.

  All she wanted to do was wake up from this nightmare, but when it came to that opportunity, she just wanted to stay asleep.

Marinette inhaled, feeling a little pain on her side, but the sight of blood made her woozy. Maybe it would be better if she hid inside herself for a couple of days.

  Marinette furrowed her brow as she felt someone squeeze her hand reassuringly beside her.
It didn't take long for her to open her eyes and look beside her. She could feel her heart soaring inside her chest the moment her blurry vision could make out the face of her husband. A small smile tugged on her lips and she immediately squeezed his hand in return.

  Adrien glanced down at her with a grimace. The sight he saw when he returned home remained etched in his mind. The back door was left open and he witnessed his wife on the floor bleeding

It didn't take long for Adrien to have his wife flown to a private room within the best hospital in Paris.
After learning that her wound was superficial and didn't puncture anything important, he was able to finally breathe.

All that was left was to pick up the pieces and find out what happened.

  Marinette lifted his hand to her lips, pressing a soft kiss to it. The young woman held on to his hand, her heart relaxing as she was so glad to see his face. After what she just went through, Adrien was a sight for sore eyes. She couldn't have asked for anything better.

  Adrien offered her a small smile, the lines beneath his eyes deepening. He was incredibly stressed with work, but also worried for his wife's wellbeing. Marinette always came first. It didn't matter who else was in the picture.

  "Hey..." he murmured, his hand continued to squeeze hers delicately. "How are you feeling?"

  Marinette hummed, closing her eyes once more as she glanced around the room. Her brow furrowed as she did so. She had never seen a hospital room like this before.
But of course, this was new life as an Agreste. Due to their status, they got a lot of things that normal people wouldn't.
Marinette chewed her bottom lip, refusing to allow this privilege to get the best of her.

"I feel a lot better." Marinette replied with a dry voice. "I mean- everything feels a lot better now that you're here." Marinette relaxed, not exactly knowing what they did to her wound. She didn't exactly care, as long as she was alive and not in any extreme pain.

  Adrien nodded glancing down, the stress on his face becoming more evident as the time went on. He ran his thumb across the back of her hand delicately and he leaned more so on the bed.

"I'm glad you're feeling better." He murmured, leaning over to press a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Now, I'm gonna need you to tell me what happened." He glanced at her firmly. "And I know this wasn't some freak accident."

Marinette felt her heart sink, a small frown tugged on her lips as she could only image that Adrien was the one who found her passed out and bleeding on the kitchen floor.
  She was at war with herself.
Marinette knew she couldnt lie to Adrien, but at the same time, she didn't want Kagami to end up in jail.