Chapter 40

A/N: First, I'd like to acknowledge that I'm noticing quite of a lot of new readers! I'm pretty psyched about that.
   To my new readers; bienvenue!! I hope you enjoy this crazy ride as much as the OG readers!! I love you all and I'm super grateful!

I'm super super sorry for the late updates. I'm working on two stories at once and the other story is nearly finished and when that's over I can solely focus on this one.

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to these characters, they are not my own and I do not profit from these stories. This is just a hobby I do for fun and share with readers who enjoy them.

These characters belong to the ZAG company and I only own the plot of this story as it's an original idea but THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL ZAG STORY! Just an official Kandykate story that is not being sold!

Please dont sue me, Zag!
Tysm!

_________________________________________

"Why did you leave me?"

Marinette couldn't see. Her visage was completely blinded by tears. She could almost feel the warm breeze caressing against her. The smell of summer air would have been comforting to her, but Marinette couldn't shake this feeling of dread.

   She had never felt so much pain before. Granted it wasn't physically, but there was a sense of longing, defeat and horrendous solitude. It cut deeper than anything that bled. 

  She was confused.

Was this because of Felix?

Marinette whimpered, feeling her heart squeeze within the confines of her chest. It had almost felt like she was ready to fall from a high place.

   The young woman exhaled, her heart picking up the speed the moment her tears began to slide down her cheeks. With each passing tear, Marinette was able to see. 

   The blonde that sat in front of her wasn't that of Felix, but of someone else she was fond of.

Marinette trembled, still feeling the warm breeze. It almost felt like she was being pulled in every direction, like she was living two lives at once.

"I didn't leave you."

His words captured her heart. Though Marinette wasn't sure what was going on, she sure as hell needed to hear him say that somehow.

  Her chest heaved and as soon as she heard the words, she could almost feel her hands pressing down on to his neck. 

She scolded herself. Marinette simply couldn't stop what she was doing. It was almost as if she was meant to do what she was doing.

   She'd never lay a hand on him, yet here she was doing exactly just that. Her eyes pooled with tears once more and despite the tears that rolled down her face, Marinette had been unable to see once more.

   There was dread and ache.

Marinette couldn't shake the pain. It had been unbearable. Her body moved and before she could fathom what had taken place, Marinette felt the balcony baluster beneath her feet.