Chapter 3

Whitty remembered that concert. His concert, "look dude, it's not like I wanted to kill them!" His voice raised, before it lowered, "I tend to lose control when I enter Ballistic."

"Two lovely girls and a sweet woman," the man spat out, shaking. "Killed the three of them." He cocked his gun before continuing, "who even invited you to their funeral?"

So, this was their funeral. Of course, it was. People started to form a group around them, he need to leave. Now.

"Look-it wasn't my fault, okay?" Whitty stopped as he put his hands down, "I'm sorry."

"I don't give a flying shit whether you didn't mean to or not! A sorry won't bring my family back!" The man was pouring his eyes out now.

Whitty huffed as he feels annoyance bubble up, "look, I killed many. Not just your bloody family. Now, I'll just take my leave and go," Whitty turned around, "and I'm sorry for your lost."

He didn't get time to leave when he felt pressure hit against the back of his head. His vision blurred and orange grew in the corners of his eyes. He doesn't hear anything but

Tick...

Tick...

Tick...

He got shot. He got bloody shot. All his senses but hearing started to fade. He clutched his head to stop himself from blowing up right there and then. When enough pressure gets applied to his head, he blows up. Though, he can stop that from happening until about two minutes after. Meaning, in less than two minutes, he was going to blow up. No matter where he was, no matter what he was doing. Suddenly, his wick flickered to life, this was bad. Very bad.

Tick...

Tick...

Tick...

He needed to leave. Without realizing his legs started to move on their own. He broke into a full run, dodging the people around. He busted through a door and into a large room. This said room is where the funeral was taking place and whoever was lucky enough to survive his last concert, knew full and well that this bomb, was entering Ballistic mode. Eyes flickering from a bright yellow X, circle, triangle, and then a square, a scream rips through the silence, "It's about to blow!" With that, the whole room went into panic mode. The screams only make Whitty more stressed and his wick shortened faster. He was suddenly pulled-more like dragged-out of the church. The pace quickened as they got out of the blast radius.

Letting out a loud, broken high pitched electric guitar screech, the Bomb blows up.

Everything goes black.

Everything goes silent.

(Time skip)

Whitty found himself waking up with a killer headache. He groaned as he rubbed his head, flinching at how cold it was. He took a moment to look around at his surroundings, where is he and why? What happened in the last...? He doesn't remember. What happened after he burst through that room, he blacked out.

"You blew up, I almost died." Ruv's ruff voice said bluntly. Whitty snapped his head, eyes widened when he saw the right side of Ruv's clothes burnt and some of his pale skin marked with light scars, not deep, but noticeable.

Whitty stood up, regretting that immediately after falling over, "shit, I'm so-so-so-sorry. I-shit!" Whitty cursed loudly as he stumbled and falls back onto the ground.

"I've been through worst. The scars will fade, though this jacket..." Ruv held up his jacket, dragging his words, almost sounding disappointed.

Whitty groaned loudly and stay face-planted on the ground, he was too ashamed of himself to even look back up at Ruv. They stayed silent before Whitty slowly looked up at Ruv, he only stared back, somehow looking unamused as he blinked slowly.

They stared eye to eye before Ruv walked away, coming back seconds later and handing Whitty some type of bag of chips, "Food," he stated plainly.

Whitty doesn't hesitate to grab the chips, opening the bag, he starts to eat them, sitting on the floor, crisscrossing, and slouching.

"We should go back."

Whitty stopped eating, eyes blowing wide, "No way! That was way too close," Whitty yelled and shoved some chips in his mouth, "I won't blow up your home like...." he stopped mid-sentence, finishing his chips.

"Like you blew up your concert." Ruv finished, accepting the empty chip bag Whitty handed him, but tossing it behind him on the ground.

Whitty looked down at the floor, "you know about that?" He questioned sadly.

"Yeah, think everyone does. It was all over the news," he answered from out of sight, continuing when he came back, "'The Rockstar Whitmore, literally blew his shot of becoming a famous Rockstar.'"

Whitty turned to Ruv, silently questioning him if he was being serious or not. It was hard to tell considering his face or voice didn't change from blank.

It seemed Ruv got the message because he replied, "That wasn't on the headlines, but it should have been," he shrugged as Whitty glared at him with a 'thanks buddy,' making Ruv say "I'm not you buddy," bluntly. There was silence.

"We should go back," Ruv said, breaking it.

Whitty tilted his head and pouts, "you sure? Will Sarvente allow me back? Y'know, after what I pulled."

"The man baited you knowing fully, that you would get angry." Ruv shrugged.

"You sure," Whitty questioned loudly and with a small nod from Ruv, he forced himself to stand up. "Fine. Let's go, but if she starts yelling at me, you're stopping her.

With that, they headed out where ever the bloody hell they were. He wasn't going to question it considering nothing bad happen to him, well that's debatable. They stayed silent through the whole trip; it was a comfortable silence though. When they got back, they were greeted by Sarvente who was happy they were back. She didn't question anything and didn't get mad at Whitty, who was very grateful for that.

Whitty then went to go get himself cleaned up after apologizing greatly to Sarvente. After Whitty finishes his bath, he walked to the kitchen, the floor creaking under his weight, causing him to cringe. He took a peek through the kitchen door, but seeing no one, he walked to the fridge and takes out leftover pancakes, tossing them into a microwave. He hums Lo-Fight, one of the first songs he wrote. He swayed his hips to the beat and twirled around. Stopping everything when he sees Ruv leaning against the door frame.

Whitty glared daggers at Ruv as he walked further into the kitchen to lean onto the counter, "Warn me next time, will ya?"

Ruv looked at him, slowly blinking, "It's 2 AM." He stated like that would clear anything.

"And? I get hungry and want food. Not my fault." Whitty huffs, quickly getting his pancakes out of the microwave when it started beeping. He doesn't waste any time eating them. He felt eyes on him and turned over to Ruv, he was staring. "Is there a problem?"

Ruv looked away, "No, just the fact you are eating that while it is still steaming," he looked back at Whitty, head lightly tilting.

Whitty blushed lightly at the sight, cute. "Well, heat doesn't hurt me. So, it's fine," he handed a pancake to Ruv, "want one?"

Ruv looked at the pancake for quite some time before shaking his head and looking away. Whitty only shrugged and stuffed the pancake in his mouth. He covered his mouth as he yawns. He heard another yawn and looked over. Ruv was trying to stop himself from yawning, failing miserably. Now it was his turn to try to stifle his yawn, but he fails. Which made Ruv huff out. Making Whitty smirk, though, he wants to hear that again.

He was a bit sad when Ruv started to walk to the door, "well I'm going to sleep. Save some food for tomorrow," he spoke out, Whitty barked out a short laugh, sounding like an electric guitar, and sticks out a middle finger out at Ruv, the latter raised one eyebrow at Whitty, assuming out of amusement, before leaving the room.

Whitty soon followed after he finished his pancakes and washed his dishes. He walked to his room, trying and proceeding to fail at taking light steps. So, he speeds up his pace and enters his room, closing the door behind him, he falls on his bed and drifts off to sleep.

~Ending was a bit rushed, so that's that.
Updated: November 8, 2022
Words: 1418