Chapter 9

Whitty hasn't seen Hex for quite some time. Both before being kicked out and after. The last time he saw him was a month before Carol and his last talk, excluding now of course. Whitty always wondered why he had suddenly disappeared.

   "Hey, Hex?" Whitty turned to Hex and spoke quietly.

   Hex turned to Whitty as his bright smile on his screen twisted into a question mark, "yes?"

   "What have you been up to lately, we haven't seen each other in..." Whitty tilted his head up slightly in thought before looking back down at the TV head. "In like a month or so."

   Hex's face twisted into a frown as his voice made up with bits and pieces of song lyrics or news station you hear online or on a radio-lowered, "I'm sorry Whitmore, I don't think I can answer that."

Whitty tilted his head to the side and glanced at Ruv, silencing questioning the TV-headed robot's words. The Russian shrugged as he glared at said TV head.

   Whitty turned back to Hex, "okay..." He dragged on before changing the subject, "where are we going to eat?"

   Hex suddenly stopped, the others following his actions, and turned to Ruv who had been wearing a frown the whole time, "I think the special guests should choose a place!"

Ruv glanced over to Whitty. Even through the deep scowl and blank eyes, Whitty knew that Ruv was panicking to answer, so he helped the latter.

   "Ruv doesn't really like eating out, so he doesn't know many restaurants," Whitty turned to Skid and Pump, "how bout you, little guys, have a place in"

   Whitty didn't even get to finish his statement considering the two kids knew the questions already, "McDonald's!" They both screamed in sync, doing their little "spooky dance".

   Hex's screen lit brightly as a smile appeared, "okay then! McDonald's, here we come!"

Whitty smiled at the kids and at Hex who led the pack to their destination. He let his pace slow to match up with a Ruv's.

   "How do you like him so far?"

   "I don't like him..."

   At that Whitty's head whipped around in surprise, "huh?! Why?!"

   Ruv glared at Whitty and shoved one of his gloved hands over Whitty's mouth, "not so loud..." his thick Russian accent warned before he continued, "he is just... I don't trust him."

   Whitty carefully removed the other hand from his mouth before he spoke softer, "why?"

   Ruv let his hand drop as he shrugged, "how can one be happy?"

   Whitty eyebrow or, lack of one, raised, "he's always happy, it's normal." He answered without missing a beat.

Ruv shrugged again and stayed silent. It was true, since Whitty ever met Hex he always had a bright attitude, and even if sometimes he would frown, it quickly shift back into his signature smile. Whitty thought it was strange at first, but he grew to like Hex's happiness. It made him feel happy.

Though Whitty immediately knew that Hex's happiness wasn't the problem, he didn't push the subject any further because he knew the Russian wouldn't budge a bit. Stubborn asshole.

Now it was Whitty's turn to just shrug and stay silent. The group walked their way to McDonald's and it was at that moment that Whitty realized he was starving.

   "I'm flipping starving!" Whitty stated before throwing the doors open and stomping into McDonald's.

   "You're always starving." Both Hex and Ruv said together. Though one was happier than the other.

   "I can't deny that," Whitty remarked back at the two.

The group sat down as Hex went up to order for the others, excluding Ruv who refused to eat.

   "I don't see what's the point of eating in this dump when we could cook our food," Ruv stated as his eyes squinted slightly.

   Whitty shrugged, "you mean you and Hex and maybe even Skid and Pump could cook for yourselves." Ruv blinked as the other continued sheepishly, avoiding Ruv's eyes, "I can't cook for shit, even if it was a life or death situation."

Ruv only huffed with a grimace and stayed silent. Whitty knew he shouldn't think much about it, but the grimace kinda stung. Ruv must have sensed his hurt because he immediately dropped his grimace and mouthed 'sorry'. Whitty's mood brightened and he smiled.

   "Thank you for waiting." Hex mocked a tone of a waiter as he set the trays of food down.

   "Thank you for your service." Whitty joked back with a slight laugh before digging into his food.

Ruv glanced at the food, 10 burgers and 2 large fries for Whitty and then the kids each got a happy meal. Ruv looked down when a small fries slowly scooted in front of him.

   Ruv turned to Hex and glared down at him, "I'm not hungry." Ruv stated harshly as he pushed the fried away from him with too much force.

They all turned to Ruv after the fries fell off the table and landed on the floor.

   Hex sighed, "I know you may not be hungry, but you still should eat. Your body may not know you are hungry or not let out signs that you are. Or even-"

   Hex got cut off when Ruv slammed his hand on the table, standing up with one quick motion, "listen here you television asshole, you can't tell me what to do so don't try to control me." He snapped, his voice spilling with venom.

   "Ruv wait..." Whitty's voice dragged as he watch Ruv leave McDonald's. He turned to Hex, "why'd you push man, you seen how overtight he is."

   "I was only simply telling him that it could cause physical and mental problems if he didn't eat." Hex stated, somehow finding words that fit the tone.

   But it was still not like him to get all smart or at least, show off his smarts willingly, "what the fu-" he cringed slightly and quickly changed his wording, "hell, is wrong with you."

   Hex only blinked and slammed his robotic hands on the table, mocking Ruv's previous actions, "I could ask the same thing."

With that, Hex calmly stormed off before Whitty could say a word.

   Whitty turned to the children as a frown tugged at his lips, "you guys okay?"

   Pump and Skid nodded, "we experienced worst." Skid added as he pointed to the untouched burger on Whitty's tray, "you gonna eat that?"

   Whitty looked down, surprisingly, not feeling hungry, "nope, all your little dudes."

Skid and Pump didn't waste time grabbing the leftover burgers and stuffing them in their pockets. Whitty didn't question them and stood up, the other two following his actions.

   Whitty opened his mouth but couldn't get a word in before Skid cut him off, "already on it," Pump added on, mocking a robot voice "tracking, Ruv."

Whitty couldn't help but smile lightly as he trailed after Skid and Pump when they ran off. He knew he probably should of went to go look for Hex, but he was being a bitch to Ruv and Whitty didn't like that one bit. He hoped that Ruv was okay and didn't hate him.

Whitty frowned as thoughts ran through his head, all negative.

~IM BACK (somewhat)
I've been losing motivation to continue writing in general since school started. This does NOT mean that I am scrapping this story, I WILL continue it and other stories when I have time and/or am in the mood. Funny enough, I finished this chapter on my school bus so-
Words: 1196