Chapter 10

Whitty, Skid, and Pump didn’t find Ruv and they had been looking for him for hours. They were so close to giving up and heading back to the Church. Then they felt the ground rumble. Meaning only two things, there was an earthquake starting or that earthquake was only starting because Ruv was yelling. Either way was a bad situation to be in. Mumbling a ‘shit’ under his breath, Whitty and the duo ran towards the deep bass thumps. Whitty was the first to get to Ruv and damn what a sight he was. Ruv had a stranger lifted by the front of his shirt and he was screaming in his face. This was weird because Ruv never lost his cool unless someone was talking shit about Sarvente and even then, he barely got mad considering the fact Sarv could stand up for herself. 

Ruv's sudden stop in screams snapped Whitty out of his thoughts. Ruv tossed the stranger down on the ground quite harshly before he ran. Whitty stood up straighter, he was still shorter than Ruv but doing so made sure everyone knew he was in “serious” mode. 

   “If I didn’t get here sooner, you could have blown his eardrums out!” Whitty shouted, scowling deeply. 

   Ruv matched his scowl, “I did, that’s why he wasn’t struggling. Didn’t you notice the blood?” 

   Whitty's eyes widened as his mouth hung open before he yelled back, voice a higher pitch which made Ruv flinch slightly, “the hell is wrong with you?!” 

   “He was already deaf, he was born deaf. Why are you yelling?” Ruv snapped back. 

   Whitty scoffed as he looked at Ruv, “you gotta be kidding.” 

   “I’m not.” 

Whitty only shook his head, as long as he wasn’t doing permanent damage, the scolding was useless. Whitty glanced at the kids who were wearing earmuffs. How did they get those? Whitty learned not to question things those kids do anymore.  

   “What did he do?” Whitty asked as he slouched slightly. 

   Ruv didn’t meet the Bomb’s eyes as he answered, “he saw us together...” he dragged on. 

   “And...?” Whitty questioned, beckoning the other to continue. 

   “And,” Ruv paused before continuing carefully, “he said you were a faggot and that you deserved nothing but to be used as the thing you were made as.” 

Whitty was speechless, not only did Ruv defend him but this stranger thought he had the right to remind him of all his insecurities.  

He felt hot, he couldn’t breathe. Whitty? When did everything feel light? Whitty. He felt as if he were flying. Is someone calling his name? Whitty! 

   “WHITTY!” Both Skid and Pump snapped Whitty out of his thoughts, “Whitty?” 

The Bomb blinked once, twice as he slowly glanced around. He was in Ruv’s arms, when had he fallen? He raised his hand and touched the tip of his wick, it was shorter, and he lit up but didn’t feel it. What was going on with him? 

   “I knew I should have killed him,” Ruv grumbled out bitterly. 

   That snapped Whitty out of his daze, “uh- no. That is called murder Ruv.” 

   Ruv looked down at Whitty, “I know what murder is, I committed it dozen times.” 

   Whitty blinked before Skid spoke up, “and we have hidden a body before!” 

  Whitty hastily got up from Ruv’s arms, “well I feel safer around you guys...” he mumbled as he dusted his clothes off.  

Skid smiled and skipped over to Pump who was sitting on the ground, poking a rock with a stick. Don’t question it, Whitty. 

   Whitty's mouth thinned before he saw Ruv looking at him from the corner of his eyes, “I’m fine.” 

   “Liar. You passed out because of something someone said. Plus, you heard all those words and never passed out before.” He stated, deprived of all emotions. 

   “I’m probably exhausted, we did spend hours trying to find your ass.” Whitty joked before letting out a fake yawn, “see, exhausted.” Whitty said, walking towards the two kids. “Alright, time to drop you guys off.” 

With that he walked away, leaving no room for arguments or any complaints. He didn’t see Ruv glance at Skid and Pump with the most worried expression, one as emotionless as he could make. He didn’t see Skid and Pump's smiles shifted into frowns as they followed behind the Bomb. He didn’t see Ruv's hands clenching into a tight fists as he followed the three behind. And he didn’t see Ruv glaring at anyone who even looked in their direction because he was ready to make the world crack for Whitty and the kids. Which surprised Ruv even, but Whitty knew none of this. 

''Words: 772

I’m not dead. 
Yes I know, it's less than most chapters but I kind of speedrun this so- 
Promise the next chapter will be much longer. 

What would you guys like to see in the future?