Chapter 8

Whitty now understood what true embarrassment was. A few days passed and it was the day when Ruv and Whitty went out to go hang with Pump and Skid. Not only was Whitty afraid of blowing up at any moment, but he was also afraid of horror movies. He wasn’t a big fan of watching something that could make you have nightmares for days, even if you know it isn’t real and couldn’t come to life. Though, it could have been better than daydreaming about Ruv all day.

We all knew it wasn’t.

   “It can’t be that bad.”

   Whitty snapped his head to look at Ruv, “It IS that bad!” He whispered and yelled at the Russian.

   Ruv only rolled his eyes before whispering back, “it’s just a movie two kids picked out.”

Okay, Ruv had a point. But still, they both knew these kids cause trouble unknowingly. They somehow avoided a kidnapping and a murder when they were with the two. While Whitty was questioning life, Ruv, Skid, and Pump trotted along like it was a day-to-day occurrence.

   Whitty sped his pace and walked beside the younger ones, “soo…” He dragged on, not knowing what to say.

   From the corners of his eyes, he saw Skid and Pump share glances, giggling. “It’s okay if you’re scared.”

   Pump nodded as he added, “yep! It’s a scary movie for beginners.”

   Whitty's fuse ignited in surprise, he quickly pinched it out as he yelled, “I am not scared! How could a movie that little kids picked out scare me?!”

   Skid shrugged, “it has a lot of blood.”

   Pump chimed in, “and murders.”

   “Oh, yeah. Lots~ of murders.” Skid pointed his pointer finger at Pump, nodding.

Whitty stayed silent, unknowingly walking a little faster. He was probably thinking the worst. Practically, every horror movie had murders and blood. So why was he still quivering in his shoes? He jolted and froze as he felt a hand rest on top of his shoulder.

   “Keep walking or the fucking Commie dies,” a deep Russian voice whispered menacingly in the area where the Bomb’s ear would be.

Whitty’s fuse ignited, and he was stuck in place as his soul left his robotic body. He snapped out of it when he heard a pair of laughter and scoff from behind. He felt his wick getting pinched out and recalled the quick moments that had just happened.

   Whitty’s eye twitched when he realized that only Ruv had scared him, “well, fuck you too then!” He shouted as he spun around, holding his wick so it wouldn’t light.

   Ruv gasped loudly, grimacing, “did the Whitty just say a bad word?”

   Whitty blushed as he looked over at the kids who were still crackling in laughter, now gasping as they realized it as well “I did not, and stop laughing! It isn’t funny!”

The two didn’t stop and the group made their way to the movie theater. After Ruv threaten the person who was selling tickets, they got their said tickets and headed into the movie room.

   Whitty scoffed, “who names a horror movie “The Ooga-Booga”?”

Pump and Skid turned their head in unison to look at Whitty. The Bomb's eyes widen slightly as they turned their heads back at the screen. Whitty slowly turned to look at Ruv and mouthed ‘what the shit’ under his breath. Ruv massaged the sides of his mouth as he shrugged. Whitty jolted in surprise when the movie began suddenly, his wick shooting straight upwards.