Chapter 7

Whitty woke up on the same day. He looked around for a clock to check the time, eyes landing on one, he squinted to read. It was 7 PM. Sighing to himself he dragged his lanky body out of bed and headed to the kitchen. He was hungry, but then again, when was he not? He entered the kitchen and caught a whiff of the scent of peppermint. Whitty tilted his head to peak over a shoulder, having to stand on his tippy toes to see.

"They say, curiosity kills the cat," a Russian voice grumbled.

Not sparing a glance at Ruv, Whitty snapped back, "Yeah? A cat also has 9 lives, so they can risk being curious."

Ruv hummed as he turned to the Bomb who backed up, "want tea? It's peppermint."

Ruv turned back around when Whitty shook his head. He didn't feel like having tea and frankly, he didn't feel like doing anything but laying down and watching a movie, and eating popcorn. Speaking of movies, when were he and Ruv going back to the orphanage to watch a horror movie with Skid and Pump?

"We're going back Monday. It's Friday if you were wondering."

Whitty flinched slightly, had he been asking that out loud? "Cool," he looked around as he leaned on a wall beside the kitchen's door, forgetting why came there in the first place. "Where's Sarv?"

Ruv shrugged, "doing Church stuff, think planning for a wedding." Ruv turned around, white mug in hand, and continued, "if she needs one of us she'll come to get one of us."

With a nod, Whitty followed Ruv out of the kitchen and into the main room, where he went Ballistic. His mouth thins as he recalled the moment. His eyes landed on Sarv who was talking to someone, when she spotted them, she smiled and waved, and Whitty returned the action with his half wave and wobbly grin. He continued to follow Ruv, they made their way outside the front of the Church.

Whitty was blinded by a sudden bright light, he shaded his eyes behind his hand. It was a nice day, the sun was out and the wind blew calmly. Whitty regained his sight and took the moment to look around, he felt eyes on him and he glanced at Ruv from the corner of his eyes. He really couldn't tell where Ruv was looking, he doesn't have pupils. Only beautiful full pure white eyes.

"Staring is rude," Ruv teased lightly, or so Whitty assumed he did.

Whitty scoffed and looked forward, "sorry that I can't hide when I rudely stare at people like some can." He coughed out a 'Ruv.'

Ruv hummed out a reply, "touché"

Whitty glared at Ruv playfully, "so you admit to staring at people because they can't tell if you are or not?"

Ruv grimaced and winked at Whitty, who blushed lightly at the action, "I, my friend, admit to nothing."

"With that face, I'm sure you can convince anyone."

"This face," Ruv pointed to his mouth, "is the closes thing to a smile anyone will ever receive," Ruv stated, still grimacing.

Whitty stayed silent for a second before questioning, "so wait, you can't smile?"

Ruv shook his head, dropped the grimace, and looked forward, "hurts otherwise."

Whitty huffed out a laugh and looked forward as well, "imagine hurting from your smile." He smiled widely, "couldn't be me."

Whitty heard Ruv mock his huff, "imagine not being able to control the ability to explode." Ruv paused as Whitty flinched visibly, "couldn't be me." He mocks.

Whitty's mouth twisted into a frown, his hands raised in surrender, "okay, you win."

Ruv turned and Whitty felt his eyes staring into his soul, "I always win." Ruv turned forward.

It was a simple comment, but it felt intimidating to Whitty for some reason. It was like he was warning him not to cross his or Sarvente's boundaries. The thought of doing so never came into Whitty's mind in the first place. He was so focused on life, he almost forgot that he rarely knew Ruv and his friend. Frowning as he thought more about it. Neither Ruv nor Sarv didn't know much about him either, so I guess it's only fair.

Whitty turned to look at Ruv, only to see him gone. He didn't even realize he left. Did the other not want to be seen, or did he tell Whitty who was too caught up in his thoughts to even realize? Sighing, Whitty decided that he had enough outside time for the week and headed back inside. He looked over many groups of people who he hasn't seen enter the Church. Rubbing the back of his head, he carefully walked out of the main room and into the halls. He stalked the halls for a little bit, before going back to his room.

He entered his room and immediately sensed another presence. He quickly looked up from the ground and his eyes landed on Ruv. He was sitting on Whitty's bed, legs crossed and a guitar in his hands.

Slowly, Whitty sat next to him, "you play?"

"I usually play Hard Bass or any percussions like drums," Ruv answered, handing Whitty the guitar who took it willingly.

Whitty grinned sheepishly, "haven't played ever since I ran away from Daddy Dearest." He lay his fingers on the strings of the guitar.

Ruv leaned back on his hands, "I've heard you play."

Whitty looked away from Ruv, "is that so?"

"Yeah, your skill and voice flow well," Ruv said calmly.

Heat welled up in Whitty's chest and onto his face at the compliment. Staying silent, he struck the guitar's strings. Knowing it was a type he was familiar with, he started to play one of the songs he wrote.

"Ah, Lo-Fight," Ruv hums at the familiar tune.

Nodding, he watched Ruv sway his head to the beat from the corner of his eyes. He finished his song by dragging on the last note. The electric guitar rings faded as he stopped playing it.

Whitty turned around when he heard slow and steady claps beside him, "it's even better in person." Ruv stated plainly.

Whitty smiled and barked out a laugh, "thanks man, really appreciate it!"

Ruv grimaced as he nodded. They went silent and smiled-Ruv grimacing at each other for a while before the Russian cleared his throat, looking away. Whitty silently noted that the latter's cheeks went to a light shade of lavender.

Whitty looked at the electric guitar in their hands, as if he finally realized that he had never brought home his own electric guitar.

Before Whitty could question, Ruv spoke up first, "I...borrowed the guitar from a friend."

Whitty smiled and muttered a quiet 'thank you'. Choosing to ignore the fact, that Ruv probably stole the guitar from some store. But Whitty hasn't had anyone steal for him ever, so he felt just a tad bit appreciated. Finding a new source of confidence, he struck the guitar strings and played around with different rhythms and different tunes.

Not noticing the spark of affection appeared in Ruv's expression, even only for a quick moment.

~This is a short chapter, but I plan to work on other stories after chapter 10, I'll still draft chapters of this one though.
Words: 1196