The Visit

Techno swung his netherite hoe over his shoulder and stepped back to admire his extensive farming field. He ripped up one last spud from the dirt, stuffing it into the burlap laying at his feet. He grabbed his sack full of raw potatoes he had pulled from the ground that day and headed for his snow-covered home.

As he approached the porch on the side of the cabin, Technoblade noticed a set of footprints in the snow that were not his own, and they led straight into his home. He quietly unsheathed his glowing netherite sword before continuing up the stairs to the door.

"It's probably just Phil checking on me. He's always so worried," he thought, trying to reassure himself.

He pushed the door open with a creak and stepped inside. He was met by a dark figure standing in the middle of the room, lacking the structure of his familiar father. The figure took a step toward the homeowner. Wasting no time, Techno swiftly kicked out the feet of his opponent and raised his sword. But his assailant recovered quickly and within a second they both had their weapons aimed at each other's throats.

"Dream," Technoblade said, confused but harsh, finally having time to recognize the man in front of him.

"Hey Techno," Dream replied calmly, "Wanna put these down now?"

Techno's mind roared with the sounds of voices screaming.

They chanted:

"Don't trust him!"

"Kill!"

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"

Technoblade's chest heaved with heavy breaths as he tried to resist the demands of the chorus in his head. Painfully, he lowered his weapon to his side and greeted the masked man.

They sat at a wooden table positioned in front of the back wall of the room.

"Sorry for the harsh greeting, I wasn't expecting visitors," Techno attempted to start the conversation.

"Oh it's no worry, I did kinda show up unannounced," Dream replied before the room fell silent again.

"Yea...What brings you around here anyway? Kind of out in the middle of nowhere here," Techno said, trying painfully to get to the point.

"Oh I was just walking by you know and I," he was met by a harsh stare from the man with a crown resting atop his head.

"Ok fine, I was wanting to know if you've talked to Tommy recently," Dream corrected himself with the truth.

"Why?" Technoblade questioned, knowing from years of experience not to answer questions you don't know the intent behind.

"He's just been causing some trouble around the SMP and I've been trying to gather some information-"

"Haven't seen him."

Techno pulled his sack of potatoes onto the table and pulled out a peeler.

"Care to help?" He asked, sliding a second peeler to the man in lime.

"We haven't been on the best of terms, him being in a country and all," he continued.

Dream tilted his head in question after picking up a potato and getting to work.

"I'm an anarchist Dream. We don't like government," he finished.

Dream, satisfied with his answers, determined Technoblade was not a threat to his operation. He did not seem to have any knowledge of the boy's plans to escape, or even his exile at all. He must have been isolating for some time. Dream left after continuing light talk and emptying the bag of potatoes.

Both men, however, where missing major red flags.

For Techno, the only person who knew the way to his house was Phil, and he would never willingly give up his location to someone like Dream. Let alone the fact that the masked man had come around asking about his lone surviving brother.

As for Dream, there had to be a reason for Tommy choosing Technoblade to escape to. If they weren't on good terms, how did Tommy know the lone man in the snow would help him?

Dream entered the nether and started heading for the portal to Logstedshire when he heard a young voice behind him.

"Dream!" Tubbo shouted, heading swiftly toward the man in lime.

Dream spun around to greet the president.

"Hello Tubbo," Dream replied with a hint of surprise, "What are you doing around here?"

"Look I know this is unexpected, but I was wondering if you could maybe arrange a visit with Tommy for me," the president stared into the mask with pleading eyes.

"Hm, I don't know Tubbo, Tommy's been pretty happy lately and I wouldn't want anything to upset him." Dream toyed with the young president as he pondered the idea of a visit.

"Please," the teen pleaded.

"Alright," Dream watched the boy's eyes light up as he played the part of giving in, "Meet me here later tonight for directions and you can visit in the morning."

"Thank you Dream," Tubbo skipped off back in the direction he came from.

"I've got some preparing to do," Dream thought to himself as he picked up the pace to his destination.

          ——————————————————————

Technoblade sat back at his porch, the voices not having calmed since the unexpected visit.

"Something's wrong," he finally admitted, "I have to go see Phil."

And after pulling on his thick coat he swiftly ran off to pay a visit to l'manberg, a country that wanted him dead.