Thursday

The sun sat high in the sky, beaming down unto hundreds of petals scattered through the grassy field. Hardly any clouds in the sky, the temperature was warm with an occasional cool breeze to chase away the humidity. The weather a stark contrast to the fear that hung in the air and despair that filled the family's home.

No more preparing to do or arguments to be had over Tommy's stubbornness to attend the meeting, father and son sat in silence as they waited for the sun to fall.  It was determined after much debating that they would go together, fully armored with potions and weapons. They felt there was no other option than to follow the note. The note had not specified a location so Tommy and Phil had determined that they would go to Logstedshire. The note had also stated no preference on the presence of weapons and armor, not that that would have stopped them from bringing them anyway. As much as they would have loved to have had an alternative plan, the ball was very much in Dream's court. He had two hostages and they had nothing. Too many variables could not be accounted for in such a short amount of time. They could only hope for the best as they set out through the woods once the sun reached not too far from the horizon.

They walked past many biomes, a sense of unease following them past all. Tommy did not leave Phil's side, rushing to catch up every time they fell out of step. Since there was no plan to discuss, the trip was made in mostly silence.

They came to a sudden stop at the edge of the, unfortunately, familiar plains biome. Four figures could be seen in the middle of the field. After a few seconds, the pair started to step forward just as a voice called out for them.

"Just on time! Don't be shy, come join us."

The sick words triggered every bad sense in their bodies. They looked toward the horizon to find the sun sinking just below the water past the beach. There was no going back, wherever they went Dream was sure to follow. They were lucky to have escaped the first time, invisibility may provide them no safety now. With great reluctance, they headed toward the masked man.

"Welcome!"

Tommy and Philza stood in front of the group. A fully armored Dream was accompanied by a terrified Tubbo at his side, who was being held tightly by the arm. Behind them floated a severely confused ghost, who looked over at Technoblade with worry. Techno was slumped over, hiding his excess bandages that poked out from underneath his button down. The white shirt now stained with much more blood than before. Hair shielded his eyes, but he seemed barely conscious.

Tommy let out a shaky breath at the sight of his brother.

Before Tommy could get a word out, Dream took notice of his reaction to a less-than-healthy Techno.

"Oh don't worry about him. He's the least of your worries."

The pair focused their attention back on Dream, who had lifted his axe to meet Tubbo's throat. Instinctively, Phil gripped his weapon tighter as he filled with rage.

"I know you two came here with the intention of being the heroes, but that's just not going to happen," Dream stepped back to distance himself from the two men with weapons, dragging Tubbo back with him.

"Three brothers and a father, I guess that would make this a reunion. What a happy family!" Dream laughed at his joke, not to the amusement of the others.

"Give them back," Phil spoke, rage clear with every word.

"It's quite funny to see you think you have power in the situation. As much as I find it amusing though, I'd like to speed this along," Dream spoke with almost a bored tone, still toying with the family. "Drop your weapons and armor."

"Absolutely fucking not," Phil responded, noticing Tommy freeze beside him.

"Tommy, you wouldn't want anything to happen to dear Tubbo here, would you?"

Phil turned to Tommy, whose face had turned starch white.

"Leave my sons alone."

"Tommy," Dream pulled Tubbo closer, the teen letting out a small whimper as he took another step back.

"Tommy don't," Phil grabbed his son's arm, which seemed to bring him back to reality for a second.

"Tubbo," Dream announced loudly, grabbing everyone's attention, "why don't you tell them how much health you're on."

Everyone's, including Tubbo's, face went white. He wanted to lie, tell them he had full health and have them try to rescue him. He wanted nothing more than to be free from the grips of the man behind him. Dream grabbed him tighter, sensing his wish for resistance.

"Half a heart."

Phil swapped his weapon for a splash health potion.

"Even if you manage to throw that potion before I slit his throat, this axe does more damage then you can heal."

He was right.

Phil put down an empty hand in defeat. Dream switched to holding a crossbow, loaded with a red striped firework, and pushed Tubbo out in front of him. Using his free hand, he pointed beside them, prompting the pair to drop their stuff.

"Now that that's out of the way," Dream waved the pair to stand by his side, away from the pile of items, "you can all say your goodbyes."

"You sick bastard!" Tommy charged at Dream, who simply knocked him to the ground with one arm.

The teen's eyes filled with terror and tears as he looked toward his best friend.

"Sorry I didn't believe you Tommy."

At that moment, they were all blinded by a mess of green sparks that filled the air. Tommy screamed out as he regained sight to see a body disappear from the ground. All that was left after the smoke cleared was a few blue dye laying in the grass.

Dream was caught off guard by two weapons suddenly pointed at his head as he was knocked to the ground. A fully armored Tommy and Phil stare back at him, with a ghost floating between them.

"Wait I-"Dream disappeared with the slash of an axe, leaving behind his gear to lay on the patch of dirt his body had once occupied.

Four figures walked away from the plains in sorrow and triumph.

The end. (For now...)