Sunlight

Dream stood in front of the bars and surveyed the brothers who glared at him defensively.

"So here's what's going to happen: I'm going to come in there and no one is jumping in front of each other or else we are going to have a repeat of last time," Dream warned, "except this time with both of you in chains. And I won't be willing to talk." He directed the last statement toward Techno.

The brothers exchanged a glance and silently agreed they would not disobey.

Dream had visited a few times since the last incident, but nothing proved eventful. The brothers had pledged that they would escape when the time was right, whenever that may come. They held little hope elsewhere, and tried to ignore that the opportunity for escape may never arrive. For now, they were focused on not getting hurt.

Their captor entered through the heavy iron door and knelt down next to Tommy. Technoblade flinched but stayed sat against the wall with his mouth shut. Dream reached for the ankle of the teen and undid the chain that was secured around it. Tommy slightly recoiled at the touch but stayed true to the silent agreement. Dream stood and walked to the middle of the cell before he finally spoke again.

"Good, now who wants some sunlight?" 

The man in the mask headed for the door and gestured for the brothers to follow. Tommy stood, able to walk more than a few feet for the first time in quite a few days. Techno pulled his blood stained shirt back over his injured arms and rose to follow Dream and Tommy out of the cell.

The sunlight almost blinded the two brothers as their feet made it from the hard wood of the ladder to the soft grass above ground. This made it easy for Techno to hide the pain that shot up his arms from lifting himself out of the hole.

"This is nice and all, but why are we up here?" The anarchist questioned the man in lime as he shaded his eyes with his hand.

"Thought I'd be nice. Plus, we have some stuff to do," Dream answered, not bothering to issue any threats to keep the brothers in line.

"What kind of stuff," the teen spoke, only half expecting a response.

Dream ignored the question and began to turn toward the tree line behind them before a noise was heard on the other side of the clearing.

The captor raised his axe and turned to see the grass near the trees move. He slowly stepped toward the source of the movement and instructed his captives not to move. Before Dream could reach the middle of the clearing a figure appeared from behind a tall oak tree.

A transparent blue ghost.

A relieving sight for the man in the mask, but one of terror for the brothers.

Ghostbur floated toward the group as Dream lowered his axe.

"Hello Dream!"

"Hi Ghostbur, what are you doing he-, " Dream tried to question the ghost, but he had already moved on to greet the brothers of his alive self.

"HELLO TECHNO!" The ghost seemed very happy to see the anarchist. "What's on your shirt?"

"Oh it's um...," Techno looked to Dream for help but he offered none.

"Here, have some blue," the ghost handed some of his blue dye to the pink haired man who thanked him graciously.

"Ghostbur I-" Dream started to address the ghost, but stopped when he sensed movement to his side. He turned to see his captives being rushed away by a man in a green striped hat. Dream pulled out his crossbow and pulled the arrow back into place. Hearing the stretch of the bow, the family spun around.

"You won't get very far," Dream shouted toward the family.

The family dispersed as to not become easy targets.

"Nobody hurts my sons and gets away with it," Philza yelled as he ran toward the man in the mask. Before he could reach him, he noticed Tommy frozen in the field. Dream aimed his crossbow for the teen.

"Phil!" Techno shouted from behind Dream. Phil tossed his sword to Techno and ran to protect his youngest son. Techno began to engage with Dream, but not before he got a shot off his bow.

"Go!" Techno yelled to Phil, who wasted no time splashing a potion between him and Tommy, and they disappeared into the woods.

Technoblade was easily overpowered by the man in armor and soon lay weaponless on the ground. Dream yelled in frustration as he led the eldest son back into the dimly lit prison. To Techno, it didn't matter. He had done his job, Tommy and Phil were already gone.