The Visits

Dream climbed down the ladder into the dimly lit prison. Turning to face the cell, he expected a chorus of insults to float through the bars, instead he was met by defeated silence.

"Hasn't said a word," the guard notified the masked man after taking notice of his surprise.

"Hm," Dream pondered. Maybe this would be easier than he thought.

"You can leave now Sapnap," Dream replied, "I'll let you know when I'll need you back."

"Kay," Sapnap climbed out of the underground room.

"Tommy," Dream stepped toward the bars to talk to the teen, who was slumped down on the floor propped against the bed, "Tubbo is coming to visit in the morning. I came to warn you that you need to be good if you don't want anything bad to happen to your little president."

"M'kay." Tommy didn't bother to even look in Dream's direction.

"Tommy. Look at me," Dream threatened.

Tommy barely raised his head but Dream continued, "Even a hint of any of this," Dream waved his hand in Tommy's general direction, "and well...," Dream held his axe, admiring the blade as he headed for the ladder, "you know what happens," he finished before exiting the prison.

          ——————————————————————

Tommy stood in front of Tubbo, glaring at his once loyal friend.

"Hey big man," the president offered.

"Hey Tubbo," Tommy replied, trying desperately to act the part Dream wanted.

"You alright big man?" Tubbo questioned, looking down at Tommy's tattered clothing.

"Yea I'm fine." Tommy used his hand to cover the bandage wrapped on the opposite arm.

"If you say so, remember you can tell me anything."

He wanted to, desperately. He wanted to tell him everything, the TNT, the cell, the gash on his arm, the invisible man behind him. But that man flashed his gleaming axe, enough of an indication to Tommy that he needed to play by the rules in order to keep both him and Tubbo safe.

"What are you-" the teens were interrupted by the ghost of Wilbur Soot rushing through the portal and approaching Tubbo.

"Quackity said it was urgent so I came as fast as I could. He said to tell you Technoblade was spotted in L'manberg," the ghost spilled out in one breath.

The president's body stiffened with urgency. "Sorry Tommy, I've got to go," he said as he ran toward the portal. "Maybe another time?"

The portal wooshed, leaving Tommy alone with a now-visible Dream, who led him back to the prison.

        —————————————————————

Technoblade walked swiftly into L'manberg. He had to make this quick, he was a wanted man and in his haste he had forgotten to bring any invis potions. He arrived at Phil's door within a few minutes.

"Techno!" the old man greeted him, "I wasn't expecting to see you here anytime soon." The men rushed inside before they could be spotted.

"Phil, have you told anyone the way to my house?" Techno questioned his father.

"Ghostbur asked for my compass." Phil replied calmly, before noticing his son squeezing his eyes shut tightly. "It's the voices again isn't it."

"So...loud," Techno could barely contain himself before his father pulled him in for an embrace.