Chapter 11

Kendall's POV

To say my brother and best friends were mad at me was the understatement of the year. As soon as they got back to the building i got bombarded by screams and hugs from Charlie, Connie, and Guy.

They screamed words like 'don't ever do that to me again' and 'i swear kendall i could kill you! you made me have a heart attack!'

I really don't know what the big deal was, I just wasn't feeling like a social gathering and i didn't want to be near Adam so i came here.

It didn't take long for me to fall asleep. I was exhausted from the game and the press and dealing with that stupid iceland team, not to forget Adam too. That conversation took a lot out of me.

I was finally alone after my team, friends, and brother were making sure i was okay and finished their long lectures.

I sat on my bed alone as Julie and Connie were in the kitchens getting a snack. My mind wandered to my final thought before i fell asleep.

Did i really have a crush on Adam Banks?

Let me just think about this for one moment. Is their evidence from past times that could prove i liked him? I had to make sure!

I always seem happier when he's around, i do find him incredibly attractive, his laugh makes me smile, when he's sad i'm sad, i love when he gives me attention, he makes me blush like mad, and the big one... i feel like i'm on fire whenever he's with Julie which is an example of jealousy.

I know that jealousy is not just for boys in general because if it were i would be jealous of Connie and Guy, but i'm not.

Wow, i've been totally oblivious. I really do have it bad for Adam but i can't do anything about it. I will tell no one, not even Connie or Charlie. Adam likes Julie, he said so himself, he would never like me. I just have to get over this crush and move on.

Will it hurt to see Adam and Julie together.... easy yes, it hurts worse than being tackled on the ice and that's saying something.

Just like the wise Mr. Baker from Sixteen Candles said, 'if crushes were easy, they'd call them something else.'

"Alright you got this Kens," i mutter some inspiration to myself, "we're going to get over Adam."

I take a deep breath as i head to the door to join Connie and Julie for snacks. As i open the door i am met with non other than the boy i'm crushing on, great, we're not on a good start so far.

"Hey Adam," i greet awkwardly.

He blushes red being surprised from me opening the door on him. "are you here for julie because she's in the kitchen."

"Umm no, i'm here for you," he replies anxiously. My  heart skips a beat from hearing those words, geez i need to pull myself together.

"Oh... okay um come on in." As he enters i roll my eyes at myself, 'he's just your friend Adam,' i continuously repeat in my head.

He takes a seat on Connie's bed as i sit on my bed, which is across from him. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

He stays silent for a bit, but eventually looks up and meets my eyes, "I wanted to apologize for how i've been acting. I've been selfish and i didn't even take it into consideration of how you were feeling. I care about you Kens and i just want us to be friends again, if you'll let me. I miss you, i miss my partner on and off the ice."

'Friends' that word made a pang on my heart but i forced my mouth upwards into a smile, "It's okay Adam. Of course we can be friends again! I've missed you so much too! And i also need to offer my apology, i'm sorry if i've acted like i was upset or mad at you and i'm sorry for calling you Banks, i know how much you hate it. I guess i've been a bit upset lately because now i have to share you with Julie!" i say the last part sarcastically which makes him let out a small chuckle, "so i hope you can forgive me."