Chapter 27

I entered into the lake house to see that the other boat hadn't gotten back yet. I huffed out a sigh as i plopped back onto the coach. "You want someone to wait with you?" Charlie asked me quietly. "Nah, i'm fine little bro"

"Little by four minutes!" He shouted as he made his way to his room. "You're still younger than me!" I yelled.

"Well i'm taller than you!" He yelled back then slammed the door behind him.

I rolled my eyes and fiddled with my fingers out of boredom. I heard the creak of a door open and i hopped up onto my feet to rush towards it.

By the time i got there Jack had been shutting the door. I quickly turned around and began to walk away, not wanting to deal with his attitude. "Not so fast little one," he said as he grabbed onto my arm and spun me around.

"What do you want Jack?" I said irritably as i folded my arms across my body defensively. He narrowed his eyes as he began to speak, "i think you know what i want."

"Oh i do, do i? Would you care to explain what you think i know." He put his hands on my shoulders as he intently looked into my eyes. "I want you to stay away from my baby bro. That simple. You've already broke his heart once and i don't want you to do it again. And my brother obviously can't stay away from your beautiful face so you need to stay away from him," he said in a whisper as he brushed my cheek with his finger.

"I'm not gonna stay away from him, Jack. You can't make me do anything."

"Oh really... because i will..." but before he could finish a voice came from across the room.

"Jack what are you doing?" The voice said loudly. I look over to see Adam standing there with an angry expression. "Oh, nothing baby bro. Me and Kendall were just having a friendly little conversation. Right Kendall?" He said as he glared at me and patted me on the shoulder. Adam didn't seem to notice his glare since his eyes were on me.

"Right," i said quietly as he smiled at me and left to his room.

I looked up at Adam who still stood there silently. "Adam-" but before i could finish what i was saying he began to walk away.

"Adam wait!" I yelled as i ran after him. I grabbed his hand and turned him around to face me. I didn't notice how close we were because once he was turned around we were only inches away from each others faces.

We stared into each others eyes, not moving from where we were. I just wanted to kiss him but before I could he backed away, "i have to take a shower," he said as he left me standing there lonely in the kitchen, the pit in my stomach growing.

After my own shower i walked back out to see everyone talking in the living room. As soon as i was visible to everyone Adam got up, "i have to pee," he announced and rushed off to the bathroom.

I sat down next to Charlie, a glum expression clearly showing on my face. Everyone stayed quiet from the awkward tension that spread through the room. I kept my head down and only looked up when i heard shuffling back into the room. I met eyes with Adam, "you know what guys i'm pretty tired i think i'm going to go and take a nap," he said as he left the room once more.

Would i ever be able to tell him what i want to?

After Adam avoiding me many times this afternoon and night, i decided to quit and headed back to my own room.

I didn't get peace for long as i heard a knock on my door. "Come in!"

Charlie peaked behind the door and smiled at me before walking completely in and sitting on the bed next to me.