Chapter 22

Kendall's POV

California sunsets. I'm definitely glad i'm able to see these again. How the sky is just illuminated with the colors of orange, blue, and pink. Especially over the ocean, the whole scenery is like my heaven.

I was thankful i had this time to sit on the beach and just relax. Ever since i had gotten back, i had been practicing from dawn to dusk. I needed to be in good shape to play... i needed to be prepared.

It wasn't like anyone was making me do the work; i just knew i needed it for myself.

As soon as the sun had fully set i laid back on the cool sand and moved my gaze to the night sky. I looked up at the bright stars that twinkled across. It was probably one of my most favorite views in the world. If someone took me stargazing for a first date, i would be theirs... no joke.

I listened as the sound of the waves crashed onto the shore. I felt the cool breeze blow across my face and moved my hair all around. I looked up and continue to see the beautiful constellations that surrounded me. Yep, definitely my heaven.

I reluctantly got up and headed back towards the building. I could've stayed their all night but it was getting late and i had a game tomorrow... against Iceland...my first game since.... well you know when.

And let me tell you... i'm scared.

"How do you feel? Are you okay?"

"Yes Charlie i'm fine."

"Are you sure? Because if you aren't you can totally sit out!"

"Yes Charlie, i'm sure!"

"Kendall"

"Charlie, i'm okay. A little nervous, yes but i need to be there for my team and my country. What worse could happen than what already has happened."

"Just please be careful out there," he says while taking my shoulders then tightening his arms around me. "Please Kendall."

"I promise Char."

I head into the locker room a nervous wreck but i couldn't let it show.

"You ready for the game today!" I shout trying to raise up my teammates spirits. "Yeah!" they all shout getting pumped up for the game we were all nervous about.

I placed my pads on and slipped my number 95 USA jersey over them, i still can't believe i'm good enough to play for team USA. I tied my hair back into a braid and took one final deep breath making my way over to my teammates.

I put a big smile on my face even though i was trembling inside.

"Coach!" I hear a happy voice say. I look over to see a very happy Adam, "i woke up and the pain was gone!"

"Wow that's great Adam but we already have a full roster," my coach says disappointedly. I see Russ get up and begin to take off his jersey but before he can i stand up, "Adam can have my spot!"

"What?" coach says shocked. "Kendall no way!" Adam shouts.

"No, Adam can have my spot," charlie says while standing up. "We need the power duo. We need Adam and Kendall out there... together," charlie says with a smirk.

"Are you sure Charlie?" He nods his head. "Well then you'll be right beside me, helping me coach the whole time," coach says which causes Charlie to smile brightly.

As soon as we enter out onto the ice the whole crowd begins to cheer and chant our names. I heard the last name Conway being chanted and i looked over to Charlie as we exchanged bright smiles.