Chapter 15

I was adjusting pretty nicely to this very hard trial. I had relearned and memorized everyone on my teams names, which i was proud of myself for memorizing on top of everything else. Connie had snatched me and caught me up on so many things and for that i was extremely grateful.

I haven't even met my coach because we haven't had practice and they're apparently are going straight to the next game, weird.

We decided to keep my problem quiet. I didn't want anyone else to pity me or even think i'm not tough. I was already struggling with that myself, i mean who loses their memory over a little hit taken on the ice?

This morning i woke up early and decided to go for a run. I love to watch the sunrise over the ocean, it's absolutely beautiful. I usually don't run because you know, ew, but i have to keep myself in shape and since i can't step foot onto the ice, running it is.

I paced myself making sure i wasn't tiring myself out. I tried to zone out as i just ran but i got broken from my trance by hearing a heavy foreign accent.

"Conway!"

I turn around to see a tall, muscular boy with long blond hair running over to me. I stopped and took a sip of my drink while waiting for the boy to finally arrive where i was.

"Hey kendall," he says nervously as he rubs the back of his neck. I smile up at him, "hi... sorry i don't remember your name."

"Haha that's funny! Good one!" he says while letting out a sarcastic laugh.

I let out a sarcastic laugh as well then turn my face stone, "i'm being serious. I don't remember your name."

"I'm not falling for that!" he says as his face contorts in confusion.

"I apologize i don't remember meeting you. Do you play hockey? What country are you from?" i say sincerely which causes him to give a very worried look.

"You seriously don't remember me?" I shake my head, answering his question. His eyes widen as a look of panic spreads across his face, "i'm Gunnar Stahl i play hockey for iceland."

My eyebrows furrow in anger, he's one of the reasons why i can't remember anymore. I start to continue my jog away from him, not saying word. I had to get out of their before i did something i might regret later.

"Kendall! Wait!" he says as he falls into sync, jogging right beside me. "You lost your memory because of that hit, didn't you?"

I ignore him as i keep my focus forward. "Didn't you?" he asks again. "Yes! Okay! I was in a coma for three days! I woke up not remembering a lot about my life! I didn't know my team! I didn't know a few of my best friends and our memories! And i didn't even know that i played your pathetic excuse of a team or that i played for team USA in the junior goodwill games! You happy Stahl!" I stop to catch my breath as his expression saddens.

"Kendall, i am so sorry. I wasn't the one that hit you but i am their captain and i should've told them better than what i did. I apologize immensely for the actions of me and my team. I hope you can forgive me." he says as he shares, almost a look of remorse.

"Yeah, come back when i gain all my memories back and maybe ill forgive you," was the last thing i said as i ran away back to my building, leaving Gunnar Stahl to stand their alone. I know i was a bit harsh but what can i say, one thing i do remember is that i've always been a grudge holder.

"If coach isn't here then why do we have to be?"

"We have a game tonight we have to work out!"

"I say mutiny, who's with me?" Goldberg shouts as sweat drops down his face.