11

TW: Talk of rape

Kehlani POV

This can't be fucking happening to me. Naw, this shit ain't real. Someone is just playing a sick ass prank on me. Let me look at that damn letter again.

"FUCK"

"Hey, what's wrong?" Megan came in the foyer holding Adeya.

"I got a letter in the mail today. From the state. You can read it after you put Adeya down for her nap. I don't think it's best for her to be up when you read it." I tell her calming myself down.

"On a scale of 1-10 how mad am I going to be?"

"100"

"Great. With that, we are going to watch a movie" Adeya started paying attention after the word movie.

"Mickey" Adeya said.

"Yep," With that, they walked out.

"I'll be back, you'll look at it after bedtime" I yelled. I took the letter with me cause her nosey ass would look at it without me being there.

~~~~~~~~

Went to go meet up with an old homie of mine to see if he could do me a favor.

"Yo lil Lani, wass good sis" Missile greeted me with a bro hug. (A/N: ion know if it's really called that. That shit dudes do then they wanna hug but not how girls do it because they think it's gay)

Missile been my homie since high school. He was the hood dude that killed, robbed, and sold drugs and I was the girl that would just sit in the back next to him making beats on the desk while he rapped. I'm like his lil sister and that's my big brother. As time went by, I achieved my dream was getting out the hood and making great music and he went to jail for  8 years for robbing and selling. He has no clue what happen to me but I'm finna tell him.

"Hey, big bro. How you feeling?" I asked him sitting down.

"I'm good, you know, doing me. Just working. How's my niece and you?" He asked, he really don't know much about how I have Adeya just that I got her.

"She good, healthy, smart, Mickey Mouse obsessed. I was doing great with the family before I got this letter that came in the mail today." I told him.

"What, some damn bill?" He laughed, I didn't laughed. He stop laughing real quick.

"Naw, a letter from the state telling me my rapist is getting out of jail," He choked on his drink and started coughing.

"Wait a damn minute, so you got raped and didn't tell me. And how the hell did he get out?" He mad now, he was always protective over me.

"You was in jail at the time so there wasn't really much you can do about that. Y'all also was in different jails so couldn't do anything there. He getting out in good behavior cause the system is shitty. Now normally, I wouldn't care, but Adeya is his daughter by biology and I know he coming for her. As the sick fuck that he is. I can't have this dude trying cause disruption in my family." I explained to him.

"Okay okay, so what you want me to do. I'll do whatever you want cause down for whatever." He leaned forward resting his forearms on his knees and interlocked his fingers.

"I don't want YOU to do anything. I want you to find someone with no relate to me or you in anyway and ask them to handle it. Everyone got a price and I'm willing to pay it. Make sure that haven't turned their life around and don't got a family. I don't want no backlash on anyone alright. I just want your name cleared and my family safe." I explained to him.