Big brother

"Hey, I was thinking since Nationals are in Chicago this year, we should have the wedding someplace special." Finn said, as he followed Rachel around the hallways, trying to distract the girl a little. "Like on the pitcher's mound of Wrigley Field. Or someplace else."

"It's not that, it's Quinn and Winnie." Rachel pouted a little as she turned to look at her fiance. "I can't stop thinking about them. I mean, Quinn, she's..."

"Right behind you." Finn interrupted, as the one and only Quinn Fabray wheeled herself closer to the couple with a smile on her face.

"Hi, Quinn!" Rachel smiled, trying to hide her worry for the girl. "We missed you so much."

"No, don't." Quinn shook her head then. "I could have easily become one of those creepy memorial pages in the yearbook, but by the grace of God, I'm here. Believe it or not this is the happiest day of my life."

Rachel hesitated for a second then, unsure on how to react, but, thankfully, she didn't have to do much since Artie approached their small group and Quinn smiled at the boy.

"Come on, Artie." She squealed, happily. "I'll race you to the choir room."

During their next glee meeting, Quinn and Artie sang their rendition of Elton John's I'm still standing, showing off some wheelchair dance moves and tricks as everyone clapped for them, even if there was a very bittersweet feeling in the room. Not just because Quinn was in a wheelchair but also because Winnie Archer was still in bed rest and not able to attend school for the next few days.

"Here's a lesson for your board, Mr. Schue: don't let anything distract you while you drive. Especially not a phone. Ever." Quinn said, as everyone grew silent to listen to her. "Winnie told me it's the stupidest thing she's ever done. Besides sleeping with Puck."

At that, everyone laughed. After all, yes. That was something Winnie Archer would have said.

"There's a lot of rumors floating around, so let's clear the air." Quinn continued then. "First of all, all my plumbing still works, which is awesome. But my spine was severely compressed in the car accident, which basically means I can't move my feet or legs. But the good thing is that I'm starting to regain feeling, so with a lot of physical therapy, and your prayers, I stand a good chance for a full recovery. Also, Winnie is getting better now. She was kept longer in the hospital since she was hit the hardest, but she was just taken home yesterday. She's still not out of bed and still not really taking visitors, but she will soon enough. And now, she just has a cast on her left leg, so she should be coming back to school by Friday. So no tears. That means you, Tina."

Everyone turned to Tina then, as the girl sniffled. Mike wrapped an arm around her girlfriend to offer her some comfort, knowing full well how hard she had been taking Winnie's absence. But he had talked to her on the phone already and she had sounded well enough. Winnie had promised him that, as soon as she was allowed visitors, she'd call him so he could go see her with Tina, though, so he wasn't all that worried. Winnie was alive and well and so was Quinn and that was all that mattered now.

"Oh, and I apologize for the number." Quinn giggled. "My dance moves aren't as smooth as Artie's yet."

"With practice, they will be." Artie assured, as Quinn sighed quietly before turning to the rest of the class and smiling again.

"I promise that by the time we go to Nationals, I'll be out of this chair, and dancing on that stage."

And, at that, everyone cheered and laughed. The car crash had hit everyone pretty hard, but, at least, they were all recovering well from it.

***

"Five, six, seven, eight!"

The kids were trying to keep up with coach Sylvester's intense Booty Camp routine - since she had, for some reason, taken over it - but, of course, nothing they did was ever good enough. Especially not for Sue Sylveser.