Prom-asaurus

"Good morning, McKinley High!" Coach Sylvester's voice came through the speakers early in the morning as everyone stopped to pay attention to the announcement to come. "First of all, to those of you thoughtful enough to leave maternity gifts outside my office, both I and my unborn child thank you for your lackluster Cracker Barrel meat-and-cheese medleys, and I'm sure that my trash can will find them delicious. Now it's time to announce this year's Senior Prom Court nominees. Your choices for Prom King are... Rick The Stick Nelson. President Brittany S. Pierce... That's weird... And also, Finn Hudson. And now on to the category we all really care about: Prom Queen."

"Becky for Prom Queen 2012!" Becky yelled into the mic as coach Sylvester just continued on.

"Winnie Archer." Coach Sylvester announced, to which Winnie raised a surprised eyebrow. "Santana Lopez. And Quinn Fabray. Congratulations to all our nominees... Becky, Becky, Becky! That's an antique!"

Winnie jumped a little when there was a loud crash from the speakers.

"I was robbed, Coach!"

***

"A big congrats to all our prom nominees!" Mr. Schue said, as he walked into the choir room, causing everyone to cheer and clap. "But, hey, listen up. We are all winners, because Principal Figgins asked New Directions to sing again this year!"

There was a round of applause again, but a lot less energetic than the first one.

"Fantastic..." Puck mumbled sarcastically.

"All right." Mr. Schue said. "Brittany has an announcement."

"Hello, my fellow Americans." Brittany said, as she stood up in front of everyone with a huge smile on her face. "The theme for this year's prom will be... Dinosaurs."

"Sheer genius." Santana smiled proudly at her girlfriend as everyone else just frowned, confused.

"Thanks." She smiled. "I was inspired by the new girl Joe, who reminds me of a cavewoman. The refreshments will be berries, meat and rainwater. As you are no doubt aware, the U.S. elections are riddled with corruption. Therefore, to keep the prom elections completely aboveboard, I have appointed Santana, Winnie and Quinn to count the ballots."

"What?" Kurt asked. "That makes no sense!"

"Shut it, Richard Simmons." Santana rolled her eyes. "Yes, those are my homegirls, but I don't trust either of them and you know they don't trust me."

"We all want to win, so we won't let one another cheat." Winnie nodded.

"We'll keep each other honest." Quinn said.

"You know, It's actually not a bad idea." Mercedes said.

"And last but not least, all hair gel has been banned from the prom." Brittany said, as Blaine laughed in disbelief only to frown when Brittany stayed serious. "I'm actually not joking. Hair gel was not invented until almost 30 million years after the Upper Paleolithic Stone Age. And frankly, I don't like the way you look. Therefore, anyone who shows up to prom wearing hair gel will be turned away at the door. I hereby decree this to be the best prom... Ever."

***

Clearly, some of the glee kids didn't think that was going to be the best prom ever.

"So Kurt and Blaine and I are throwing an anti-prom party." Rachel announced, all excited after having reunited everyone in the choir room again.

"What's an anti-prom party?" Mercedes asked.

"It's a party for those of us who maybe feel a little, you know, disenfranchised by the actual prom." Rachel said. "And I got us a hotel room at Lima's best hotel, Red Rooster Express Suite, and everyone's invited."