1: 𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲

♥︎
clara

"Clara Rose Everly, if you don't get out of this house right now, I am going to take these scissors and cut off Ellie's head."

The yummy scent of freshly baked cookies hits my nose when zipping up the cute pink plastic bags filled to the brim with the snack.
I take a purple glitter marker from my pocket and write 'Daisy' with a cute little flower at the end of the white line. Then moving to the other three bags that are set on the kitchen label, each one gets labelled with the corresponding house mates name and a picture next to it.

"Did you just hear me?" Daisy insists. I did hear her, obviously - she's stood right next to my ear - but I just chose not to listen. Then again, Daisy is very persistent. "The fuckers in this house don't deserve your freshly baked cookies for their rides home. It's move out day and you're going to be late!"

Shaking my head and frowning at Daisy's words (when the house mates in question are sat right there at the dining room table) I walk over and hand out the bags. Daisy just doesn't like them because they complain about her 'night friends' being here nearly every morning for the past four years. I liked some of them because they'd make me breakfast.

During the arguments, I would normally stay neutral. I'd say I'm like Sweden but without the stinky fish, Daisy claims that I just hate confrontation.

Each of our other three housemates that had been waiting for the cookies smiled and hugged me, wishing me good luck in the future and I for them.

Although we had been living together for the last four years, I never really got close to anyone in the house (apart from Daisy), so I don't think I'll ever see them again. That doesn't mean to say I don't wish them all the best.

When the last of the people leave out the door, Daisy just flips them off and yells, "Bye fuckers!"

It shouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Daisy was right about one thing, however, I am pretty close to being late. Which is not fun.

Turning back to my closest friend, I feel like I could almost cry. Daisy is going to be staying in Massachusetts to complete her post grad masters degree in English literature, whilst I'm moving to New York. I'm going to miss her more than anything, and I once had to deal with the discontinuing of Kinder surprise eggs.

As if noticing my thoughts Daisy's normally hardened blue eyes soften. However brash Daisy is to others, she has always been a sweetheart to me. At one point, she was saving grace.

The beautiful woman's taller frame pulls me in to a bear hug whilst she holds me as tears form in my eyes. I grasp her soft knitted jumper in my hands and pull her body closer.

"It's okay, little bean," Daisy whispers softly and places a peck on my hair, "You can call me whenever you need and I'll be there. I'll even answer during sex."

I scrunch up my nose, "I'd rather you not."

Daisy chuckles and the silver necklace I brought her for Christmas tickles my forehead, the cold contrasting against my too-heated-up face. "Don't worry, I'll make sure they finish first."

"I'm going to miss you like crazy." I whimper, ignoring her attempt at humour. I'm too sad. Daisy is like my security blanket; I love her so much. What will I do without her?

"I'll miss you too, little bean, but hey it's only a three hour drive, right? We've already planned for me to visit when you're settled in."

Nodding, I pull away from Daisy's caring hold. My best friend bends down and wipes my tears away with the sleeve of her jumper, then begins to ruffle through my bag. I even notice a little tear on her cheek which I quickly wipe away with my finger. Daisy never ever cries, so I feel pretty darn special.

"You got everything in here, Clara?" I see my passport, boarding pass for the flight to New York in two hours, and all other important documents from my life as she checks through the plastic binder thoroughly.

"I hope so." Bending my head a little I make sure I can see my laptop and charger, as well as earphones. Daisy places the documents safely back in and pulls out Ellie (my stuffed elephant), wiggling her face in front of my own, which makes my giggle. I reach out and hug Ellie to me, deciding to carry her for the journey.

Daisy finishes with her check and zips up the over shoulder bag, placing it over me. We walk to the door and I take a second to wave bye bye to the house that I've created my best memories in. I've never truly had a home, but this came pretty darn close to one.

My best friend picks up my suitcase and places it in the trunk of the taxi that pulls up to the curb; luckily I don't own many possessions, but it's still crazy and kind of sad to think that my whole life can be packed into such a small space.

I'm like a turtle, or actually just poor.

Pushing that thought right to the back of my mind, I focus on Daisy pulling me in to one last hug whilst she opens the car door, "Bye little bean, text me when you get there. Send me the names of your roommates so I can investigate them to make sure they won't murder you."

I laugh and go on my tip toes to give Daisy a kiss on the cheek, "Will do. Get yourself a girlfriend and don't annoy her too much."

She fake gasps and pinches my side, "Cheeky little devil, I pity the man that has to tame your behind." Daisy mutters in my ear and I deeply flush, playfully pushing her away so I don't leave the taxi driver waiting any longer.

"Be quiet," I murmur, but look up to meet her eyes. I'm proud that for the one person I can, it doesn't hurt to say to her, "I love you, Dais."

"I love you too, little bean." She waves and closes the door, blowing me a kiss. I quickly catch it and pat the front pocket of my plaid flannel, sending another a smile. Luckily I'm in comfy grey joggers and a simple white top for the journey. I have absolutely no clue how anyone could wear jeans on planes.

"Ready miss?" The driver smiles and looks at me through the mirror in his eye sight. This feels like a new beginning.

I nod, slightly blushing, "I'm ready, sorry for the wait."

The beautifully buildings of my college pass by as we drive. I'll miss sitting under the tree reading, or by the fountain during my free time and listening to my friend's problems - trying to help them. I had quite a few of them in this place, and I'll miss each lots. The gathering we had yesterday doesn't seem like enough.

But Harvard university has been the best years of my life so far and I'm super excited to live in New York for the next part of it. Albeit, a little nervous.

I just hope that it'll be everything I'm looking for.