9: 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸

♥︎
clara

It's a beautiful day to be alive.

Sun shining on my skin through the floor to ceiling window that spans across ten metres of the penthouse wall. The rising warmth heats my skin, tingly my senses when I spoon the chips ahoy cereal in to my mouth. I found it in the cupboard and I hope to all that is pretty whoever's it is won't mind.

I really don't want to upset one of my new roommates.

What if they get mad? What if they've been saving it? What if it was one of their grandma's-

"Good morning, pretty girl."

My yelp is nothing but embarrassing.

Slade - dressed in attractive grey joggers and a tight, fitted white tank that outlines the beautiful curves of his cool muscles - brushes past my body to reach over in to my bowl. I don't take milk in my cereal because it's like eating little tiny cookies, which I love because why wouldn't I? It's literally desert for breakfast and you wouldn't have milk with desert.

My roommate seemingly agrees, since he pops the sweet cereal in to his mouth.

"Good morning." I smile at his happy, pretty face, "Do you always get up this early? Vince did say something about you going to the gym."

If possible, Slade's broadens inexplicably. His bright blue eyes light up like the sun does the sky. "Well, pretty girl, Vincey told you correctly," - he says the nickname for our roommate teasingly, wow our roommate  - "I'm a runner and get up early every day for a workout." Slade tilts his head, "Why are you and your cute face gracing me with your presence this morning? It's a bit early for a little girl, hm?"

Tingles shoot up my body when Slade's large frame leans down - his arms encasing me from where I sit at the counter - and I hold my breath, somehow managing to deeply peer in to his lively eyes that are set in to a currently content face. They scan my own as if he's memorising every imperfection but also every pretty aspect of my face, wanting to secure it to memory. Slade's whole aura enchants me, the spark between us like vicious winds during a thunderstorm.

Beautiful.

"Why thank you, baby, you've just gone and made my day."

Did I say that out loud?

Slade chuckles loudly, freely, his energy bouncing off the walls, "Yes, you did, pretty girl. You have a thing for mumbling those perfect thoughts out loud."

"Oh," I would say I'm embarrassed, but I'm not. It's not like I lied, "Well, you are." I grin, and turn back to eating my breakfast.

My roommate - which I still can't get over, oh my goodness - chuckles and the next thing I know, a sweet kiss is planted on my cheek. Woah. It seems... friendly? I think. Though I've never been too good at reading people.

But I know that I want more-

"And to answer your question," I blurt suddenly. Vince hums whilst chopping a banana and placing it on top of a mason jar filled with something that he took from the fridge, "I get up early most days because I like to watch the sunrise and it is so pretty from up here. Like so cool. My best friend told me that I wouldn't be able to see them in New York because of the annoying air pollution, but I think since we're so high up it's fine-" I stop myself from rambling, remembering that I talk to much for a normal person. Slade looks up to me with a questioning look at my abruptness, whilst he stopped what he was doing to listen to me.