10: 𝘁𝗵𝘂𝗺𝗽𝗲𝗿

♥︎
clara

Vince loved my picture. Seriously, I should be all up in whichever museum the Mona Lisa is kept in.

"It's simply perfect." He had said, an excitement in his eyes that looked almost out of place. As if it were not usually there. "We have an artist living under our roof."

"No," I had waved him off, blushing like a cherry tomato, "But I can't say it's terrible."

"Terrible? Pretty girl, it's beautiful. We'll get you some more of these, yeah?" Slade then leaned down and kissed my cheek for the second time, whilst Vince had widened his eyes at the action.

Oh dear. Had I done something wrong? I'd thought. Wait, maybe they're together. Oh my goodness-

"Why don't you go wake Soren up and give him his?" - I would return to my theory later - "It will make his day."

"Okay," I whispered and took Ellie by her trunk, running up the stairs despite Vince's warning. Oops.

I hadn't noticed the sly grin Slade had sent Vince.

And so now here I stand, arm raised and ready to possibly either face my death, or whatever Soren does to the people who wake him up in the morning. What will he be like? Grumpy, sad, happy, excited?

Somehow I doubt the last option. Other than Slade and myself, I've never met a person who likes early mornings. Most people are grumpy. Like straight out of Snow White type of grumpy.

Stop stalling, Clara, you're being a weirdo.

My hand tries to quietly turn the doorknob, the cold metal beneath my hand almost deterring me, but not quite enough to deny the reaction I want to receive from my last roommate.

The only problem? The stiff, dodgy doorknob that won't... "Stupid, silly piece of metal,"- Twist and open, even when I push my hip- "Oh no! Ahh!"

My body flys, I tell you, flys.

And my face? It says a nice greeting to the carpet.

So much for being quiet, Clara.

I groan, the noise ruffled by the wool beneath me as my body spreads eagle - unable to move. Okay, that's a bit dramatic, but it wasn't exactly the comfiest landing to complete. And I'm pretty sure there's a sock underneath my neck.

I swear, my picture or Ellie better not be hurt otherwise I am going to rain terror down on that door.

Deterred, though, to complete my mission, I roll my body over with the strength of the Hulk, ignoring the protests my ribs give me. "Ouch," I whisper, just in case there's any chance of Soren not being awake.

"Oh," I say, and look up at the face looming over me that has one eyebrow raised and its grey luminescent eyes wide. "Maybe not then."

"Is there any reason for you to be laying on my bedroom floor this morning, Princess? I would much rather you be in my bed, but I'm not complaining."

"Well, funny story," I wave my hands in the air - consequently the picture wafts - and I ignore the tremendous blush creeping up on me, "You see, I, um- Why was in here again?"

Soren's other eyebrow slowly raises.

"Woah mister," The breath is suddenly pulled out from me as two hands under my armpits lift me up fluidly, and then I'm plopped right on to the bed, cross legged whilst he mirrors my stance.