12: 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗲𝗿, 𝗮𝘀𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝘁

*this chapter has been published twice today since i needed to change something minor*

☀︎︎
Soren

She called me Daddy.

My heart warmed. The sound of the title from her cute mouth, in that sweet tone, made my body tingle. I filled with adoration - unable to help but hold Clara tighter.

My head tilts at Slade who understandably was sat on the bed with a shocked face and a frozen stance. The fucker has absolutely no experience when it comes to little meltdowns. "Slade, get Ellie."

He's off in an instant.

Meanwhile, the little girl in my arm trembles and lets out another whimper. Clara's small hands mess with the hair above the back of my neck and gently pulls just right, making me let out a deep groan. Fuck. Now now.

Her legs also wrap tighter around my waist. "Daddy?" She whispers, as if needing confirmation that I'm still here, even when she's wrapped around me like a monkey to a tree. 

I have zero complaints.

What I would do to keep our Princess in my arms forever.

"I'm right here, baby." I coo in to Clara's ear, and press her lower back even closer, then very lightly pat her bum with the hand underneath it. "Daddy's here."

"I want to cuddle."

Fucking hell. She's killing me.

"So do I, little girl. More than anything. But you're going to be a good girl and let Daddy get you ready. Yeah?"

"But why," She drags out. Lets out a long sigh. "I really don't wanna, Daddy."

Slade enters the room and I instantly notice the more relaxed, confident expression he wears again like he flicked the switch. Vince also stands at the doorway, murderous eyes set in his stone face. I can see how difficult it is for him to not explode and demand explanation for what's happening. I know that'll be killing him to not be in control.

It's a thing the three of us tend to like. But the only person really, ultimately in control, is Clara - the little always is.

Her word is law, and we only enforce it.

"Well, pretty girl," Slade teases the now calmer girl in my arms with the grasp of her stuffie. She whimpers and reaches out. Dick. "You can hold Ellie all you want," Clara grins victoriously, then it slackens when he adds, "But, you have to be good and let your Daddy change you. Yes?"

"No."

Oh, little girl...

"Enough." Vince practically marches in, and Clara is swept from my arms - set on to his hip. A quick slap is sent on to her bum and the baby gasps, then whimpers when he sends one more over the thin material of her joggers. "Stop being a little brat and do as you're told."

I grin.

"NO." The little girl struggles in Vince's arms and tries to push against his unrelenting grip. Her hand slaps against his cheek accidentally, but even I can tell it wouldn't even feel like a pinch.