Chapter 4 (Pt. 1)

I've uploaded by works on Dreame and Inkitt Please support me there, because I don't know whether my account will stay on wattpad for long.

Just to be safe, I've created accounts on Inkitt and Dreame and I've an Instagram account too.

username for all is comicsthinker (pm for links)

follow my backup incase something happens to this account comicthinker

Playlist - Brutal by Olivia Rodrigo

Astoria

the tragedy of fourteen...

I sighed, dropping my shoulders back. I had nothing planned for the weekend and the most exciting thing I did today was to sort out my closet. My social life was bland and I should probably blame Axel for the lack of it.

He made sure to insert himself in each one of my plans and bully my friends to act according to his will. I sometimes really found it hard to like him.

Especially, on days like these—him having the time of his life on a camping trip with his friends, and I, suffering the blues of being left out or rather unable to convince my grandparents into letting me go on a trip with boys.

Unfair.

I pranced out my front door and was met with my grandfather's inquisitive eyes.

"Where are you off to, biscuit?" Papa asked me. A shovel in his hand. He must be working on decorating and planting the garden with various plants.

"I have plans with Peter to finish algebra homework."

"Be back before dinner, okay."

"Yeah."

I headed straight to get my bicycle out of our little garage. Book in the basket, feets on the pedal, I cycled the long way to Peter's neighborhood.

Autumn air waved a goodbye to this town as it was blemished with chill in it which entailed winter was just around the corner. My favourite time of the year.

I loved everything about winter, especially the holidays. The only thing I dreaded were my upcoming midterms. I felt so under prepared for it and with Peter's constant help, I would fail a lot of my classes.

He was such a good friend.

I made a mental note to bake him my sticky date pudding, the next time we met for our study session.

Peter lived in a dainty little neighbourhood where everyone knew each other. The streets were safe and there were parks and greenery. Kids were having a blast among themselves.

I rode on my bicycle, smiling to myself and feeling a pang of longing. I longed for a life where it was okay to live without a care. To be a kid and not stress about the future.
My future was still very uncertain, but I had to work hard to make it better.

Peter's quaint two storey house came into view. He was waiting by his mailbox and immediately smiled when he saw me.

"You're late. I thought you had bailed on me." He looked relieved to see me.

I scrunched up my nose. "And risk the chance of failing algebra? No thanks."

"C'mon, let's go in."

I tucked my bike safely next to his own and followed his lead. Once inside, I greeted his mom and went straight upstairs, to his bedroom.