Chapter 7 (Pt. 3, Side B)

Playlist - This Love (Taylor's Version) by Taylor Swift

Axel

four years ago...

"You're fu*king dead, you hear me."

I geared up to smash my cousin's face bloody the moment we stepped out from my father's study. I didn't wait a second longer and landed a punch across his jaw, he staggered behind, not the way I wanted him to, but it will do for now.

"What were you thinking, asshole?" I pushed him. "Were you thinking at all? You don't go around mouthing shit that doesn't concern you."

I went to punch him a second, this time around, he blocked it. He had four years to my age, which gave him more agility, height, and strength than me. He could take me out in a minute if he wanted to. My cousin was a fucking basketball player. He worked his ass off daily on the field.

"I did what had to be done. The girl is no good for you," He said, stonily. "You should at least be thankful that I was fucking discreet about her identity. It wouldn't take uncle minutes to get her family fired and throw their ass off somewhere."

"Don't. Fucking. Bring. Her. Family. Up." My tone and words were deadly serious.

"I am scared," he sneered. "You're breaking up with her whether you like it or not."

"No." I shook my head. "She means everything to me."

"Oh, for fuck's sake." He rubbed his face, agitated. "Your puppy love won't last at all. I am saving you from a gold digger, believe me."

"This is way too far. Ace. Even for the likes like you. You're making a huge mistake messing with me."

"Or what?" He prompted. "You'll run to your mommy to complain about me? It was cute when we were kids. As it is, Uncle Blake thinks you're a fucking disappointed and mind you, he's training me to take over the company."

"I'll never fall in line." Contempt evident in my voice

"Dude, c'mon, bros before hoes."

There was no use of throwing punches at him when he'll easily overpower me in physical strength, so I used my words to do the work.

"Are sure you're not doing this out of spite?" Ace maintained his nonchalant demeanour. "You're just butt hurt over a girl rejecting you, isn't it? Astoria's pretty cousin had you covered in drool, didn't she?"

"Get to the point, cousin. I don't have all night." A sardonic smirk marred his face.

"I don't think I have anything to say." I matched his vibe.

"Despite your pathetic attempts to rile me up, I just want to remind you of the things I am capable of doing to your little girlfriend. I can get her family thrown on the streets, her education gone, and top of that, her grandparents are buried in debt. I should tell you the things old men will like to do to a beautiful young girl."

I stiffened. Ace placed his hand on my shoulder, towering over me.

"You're still a kid, cousin. I'll always be better than you. I get what I want and I want this done, quick."

"You're making an enemy out of me." He cocked his head at my scathing tone.

"There will be plenty of girls you'll get to fuck. This girl won't be good enough for your dick, believe me."

***

"What is this place," Astoria murmured. Her eyes raked the place. "I don't think we have anything to do here." She glanced at me, then back to the place where our date would commence.