chapter 4~

It is now a Tuesday morning, about 6 AM. I wake up and check my notifications, hoping that maybe a certain someone has texted me. But, he hasn't. He has a girlfriend anyways.

I go to my mom's room and as I suspected, Shitto is no longer here. Looks like I'm psychic.

After I do my morning routine and stuff, I decide to skip breakfast today and head straight to b/f/n house. I grab my bag and leave, of course leaving a note for mom. As we meet up, I get a text from Akira.

akira:

hey, y/n could you possibly come in for a hour or two? hana is sick and somebody needs to fill in for her.

Of course she chooses me over anyone. I must be a favorite or something.

me:

i mean i have school but sure- can i have a note for after so that way my tardy isn't counted as unexcused?

akira:

sure thing

I decided to leave her on open. I turned to b/f/n and frowned. "Bitch boss wants me to work this morning even though I'll be late for school." I said. "Isn't that Hana's job along with a few others?" b/f/n said. "She said Hana was sick and I guess I must be so important that the others don't need to take her spot for the day." I replied. "I swear she's like obsessed or something" b/f/n said. I nodded in return and we said our goodbyes for now. I started heading to the cafe.

As I got there, I went to the back and changed into my work clothes. "Thank you so much y/n. I just don't want us to be slow due to short staff." Akira said. Bull shit. Absolute bull shit. "I doubt we would be short staffed just by having one person being absent" I said. "Well Hana is one of our fastest workers so it would be different without her" she replied. I don't have the patience for her right now but I can't get fired so I just nodded like I do in every situation and started my very unnecessary shift.

After about a hour of my shift I hear the bell on the door ring as it opens. I look and it's- Kuroo? Shouldn't he be at school? "Kuroo?" I asked in confusion. "Y/n?" he asked in return. "Why are you working?". "Why are you ditching?" I dodged his question with a question of my own. Just then Akira walks out from the back. She went to Kuroo and they greeted each other by hugging and kissing each other. "Babe, do you two know each other?" Akira asked Kuroo. Babe? Oh god don't tell me I have a crush on my boss's boyfriend.

"Yeah, she's my friend. I met her yesterday at school and then again yesterday afternoon." he answered her. I had a confused face. "Oh right, y/n, Kuroo is my boyfriend!" Akira said with a grin that made me wanna beat tf out of her. I planted a fake smile on my face and let out a small "that's cool" and continued my shift. Oh, today is gonna be sooo fun. They continued chatting for a bit before Kuroo left and headed back to school.

One hour after that incident, Akira gave me a note and I went to school. I walked in and it was third period, which means it was lunch time and then we had 3 more classes to go until I get to go back and work for bitch boss again. B/f/n spotted me and yelled my name out for the whole world to hear. "Y/N Y/N HOW WAS WORKKKK" she yelled. I laughed and responded with a quiet "work was fine" because I didn't want the attention on me. "YOU NORMALLY MATCH MY ENERGY, YOU'RE NOT MATCHING IT. I WILL CRY" b/f/n said. I sighed and gave in knowing she won't give up. "SORRY BESTIE" I matched her energy like she wanted.

Little did I know, Kuroo was watching from a while aways.

Kuroo POV:
I had to go to the first year hall to pick up some papers. While walking I heard yelling and it was y/n and her best friend. She looked happy, but for some reason she didn't look very happy this morning. I hope she's okay.

Y/n POV:
I turned my tardy note in and finished the rest of the school day with bestie. The day went by pretty smooth, and so did work. I avoided Kuroo the best I could, those were the boundaries I needed to respect. Kuroo is Akira's boyfriend, not mine. I feel bad for avoiding him but I'm doing the best for all of us, or at least I hope so.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEYYY, sorry i didn't post this weekend, oofies. i have exams this week so i was using the weekends to prepare. okay that's a complete lie, i forgot and i was texting my best friend all weekend lmao IM SORRY. but im here today and today's exam was FUCKING HARD. but i got through it. anyways, ily and i hope you have a good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night. <3