chapter 6~

It is now a Thursday morning, and of course I woke up at usual time. Around 6 in the morning. I do the basic routine and I decided to skip breakfast today. I'm too nervous to eat. I don't know if I want to apologize or not. If I do, it could fail. But if I don't, Kenma might not take that too well. I need b/f/n right now.

I walked out the door and as if perfect timing, she was outside waiting for me. "Heyyy" b/f/n said. "Hiiii" I said in return. We started talking  about random stuff while walking to school. As we walked to the front gate, I immediately spotted Kuroo. I started walking a different direction until b/f/n grabbed my by the shoulders, not letting me leave. "No no no, don't avoid him. It'll make him think you hate him" b/f/n said. "I guess.." I said.

Kuroo's POV:
I was talking with Kenma near the front gate when I see a small figure getting yanked in the corner of my eye. I look and it was just y/n and she got yanked by her friend. I can't help but to think that she's mad at me. Did I do something wrong? Well, I have just the thing to make up for it.

I start walking to y/n and I tap her shoulder. She turns around and looks at me. She looks nervous. Wonder why.

"Hmm?" she asked. Her voice was really gentle, kinda cute. Wait- stfu Tetsurō you have a girlfriend. Y/n's boss at that matter. Y/n's friend looked excited almost, and as if knowing I wanted to speak to y/n alone, her friend walked away. She seems understanding.

"I'll catch up with you later!" I heard her friend say in the distance. Y/n just nodded and looked back at me. "Hey so um- I just wanna say I'm so-" I got interrupted. "Don't apologize Kuroo, you didn't do anything wrong. I was avoiding you and being a bitch" she said. "But why were you avoiding me?" I asked. She did nothing but stand there being completely silent.

Y/n POV:
He asked me why I was avoiding him. I can't admit that I like him. That will ruin our whole friendship. What do I say?! "Oh- um I just found it a little awkward that I'm friends with my boss's boyfriend..". Yes, perfect excuse.

"Oh, if that's the case then don't worry about it! We're just friends, after all." Ouch. That hurt. "Yep, just friends" I said and put on a fake smile. "Well I don't wanna be late for class, you shouldn't be late either" I said. "Wait!" Kuroo said. "Yeah?" I asked. "Listen so um- my best friend is throwing a party tomorrow night and I was wondering if you wanted to be my plus one?" he asked. Oh. My. God. OH MY GOD. "But why aren't you taking Akira?" I asked. "She said she has to work that night" he replied. Wait, that's not right. Akira's off days are always Fridays...

"So will you come with me? I can pick you up" he said. "That sounds fun, I get off work at 6" I said. "Sweet, the party starts at 8". "That's fine, my mom won't notice because she'll be at work" I said. "Perfect, cya y/n!" and with that, Kuroo ran off to his first class. (Kenma already left him 🥲) I was in my own world, just standing there and smiling. That was until the first bell rang. "DAMN IT I'M LATE" and I ran off to my first class.

The day went by regularly, I couldn't stop thinking about tomorrow. But that does mean I'll have to pick something nice to wear. Maybe I can go shopping with b/f/n. She's off work today because Thursdays are her off days. So I have to work without her today but it's fine.

As I was finishing up wiping a table, I see Akira walk out from the back on the phone with someone. I couldn't help but overhear, the voice on the other side of the phone could be easily heard. "Yeah, of course I'm coming tomorrow. Yeah. He's going to some party so he won't even know" Akira said. I stayed quiet but continued to listen as much as I could.

She hung up and walked over to me. It was almost time to go home. "Hey y/n, can you close up for me? I have somewhere I need to be." Akira said. "Sure thing, have a good night boss" I said to be polite. "You too" and she walked out. After the last customer left, I changed the open sign to closed and finished up my cleaning. I then went to the back and changed back into my school uniform. I cut the lights out, and then walked out and locked the door and walked back home.

After I did my homework and ate some dinner, I decided to go to bed. God I can't wait for tomorrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEYOOOOOO I HOPED YOU GUYS LIKED THIS CHAPTER. i honestly had no idea what to write so i just pulled the party idea fresh out of my brain. anyways, i hope you have a good morning/day/evening/afternoon/night and ily<3