chapter 9~

Kuroo's POV:

Even though it was just starting to hit me that I like y/n, I can't let her see it affecting me. I walk back to y/n and hand her the drink, while holding mine. "Are you okay?" she asked. "Yeah, why?" I replied. "I don't know you just seem.. awkward?" she had said. I just laughed it off and continued to say no.

Y/N's POV:

He was acting really strange... oh well. I'm probably just overthinking it. We start to dance again, and a slow song turns on. Why. I slowly look at Kuroo, and I see that he's looking at me already. Shit, I'm nervous.

"Hey, um y/n would you like to-" but then, he burped. Nervous burp I guess. I start dying laughing while he's covering his red face. "It's not funny! I didn't mean to!" he tried to say. "Okay- I'm sorry-" I managed to say in between laughs.

He asked the question again without burping this time, and am I gonna miss an opportunity to slow dance with THE Tetsuro Kuroo? NO. So I agreed of course.

He slowly put his hands on my hips, with me wrapping my arms around the back of his neck. It's like our connection was so strong, our moves immediately synced up as we would go the same direction every time. I looked into his eyes, as he looked into mine. Is this heaven? Why does he feel so intimidating yet so gentle? Should I let go since this is my boss's boyfriend?

We got so caught up in the moment, he asked a question I didn't expect.

"Hey, do you wanna um.. go to the balcony?" he had asked. HOLY. "Oh- yeah, sure!" I replied. We walked to the balcony, and I leaned my back against the railing. He put his hands on the railing but one hand was on each side of me, so he was basically pinning me to the railing of the balcony.

"Look..." he started. Oh god, am I about to get rejected without me even asking him out? Great.

"So I know I'm dating your boss and everything but I feel some sort of connection with you that I don't feel with her, I don't know what it is..." he said. "Kuroo I-" I began to say. But then, he leaned closer to my face. "I hope you feel the same way y/n, but if you don't, I understand" he said.

I was trying not to pass out from all this pressure, so I said "no no, I feel the same way I just.. don't know what would happen between me and my boss if you broke up with her and got with me.."

"Y/n I'm not asking you to get with me right this second- I haven't even broke up with her yet" Kuroo said. "Oh yeah-". I began to laugh nervously. "Sorry..." I said.

"It's alright, but..." he tucked some of my hair behind my ear. Then, he asked me a question that once again, I didn't expect even though we're kind of having a moment right now.

"Y/n.... can I kiss you?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hey guys- i'm so sorry for ghosting the story, even though barely anyone has seen it. i got caught up with personal life and meeting new friends, i didn't know what to really write, and honestly i was too lazy to make another chapter. but i did it! anyways i hope you all have a good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night and ily all<3