When Steve Wakes Up

Thanks so much for reading my book! I can't believe that I already have 3 chapters published!

~Grace

Melissa's pov

Two weeks later...

I was just released from the hospital and I decided to go to SHIELD headquarters to report to Fury. It was good being able to recuperate but I was ready to get back on the field. I parked my car and I locked it before heading into the building.

When I entered, people started clapping and cheering for me. I blushed, "Oh, you don't have to do that.". Some people came up and hugged me or patted me on the back. They said that they were glad to have me back.

The secretary caught my attention, "Miss Montgomery, Director Fury is waiting for you.".

"Tell him I'm coming.", I replied. She nodded and picked up the phone. She spoke for a few seconds. I walked to Fury's office and I scanned my ID and I opened the door.

"You called for me.", I said, closing the door. My heels clicked on the tile floor. I frowned when I saw Fury's face. He looked very solemn and serious. Like he had something very important to discuss with me.

"Sit down.", Fury commanded.

I walked over to the chair facing Fury, "What's up?".

"You remember when Captain Rogers' plane crashed, right?" Fury asked, sitting down.

Uh, yeah, dumbass. That was one of the worst days of my life. I don't think that I would've forgotten it. "Yes, we couldn't find his plane. We searched for weeks.", I answered.

"Well, a couple days ago, some Russian oil workers found a crash site in the Arctic.", Fury said.

"What does that have to do with Steve?", I asked, extremely confused.

"It was Steve's plane. And Steve is alive, but in a coma.". That was all I heard before I fainted.

30 minutes later...

I woke up in a hospital room, again. Fury was sitting by my bed, playing with his pager.

"Why do you still have that outdated thing?", I asked.

Fury's head shot up, "You're awake. And I keep it in case of an emergency.".

"Why am I here?", I asked, but then everything came back to me. I shot up out of bed, "Where's Steve? I need to see him!".

But Fury stopped me, "You can see him, but you can't go into his room. We can't risk waking him up. We're trying to break the news to him slowly. When he wakes up, that is.".

"Oh.", I felt lightheaded and I sat down. "How is he even alive? The impact of the crash alone should've killed him.".

"We really don't know. Maybe it was the serum.", Fury suggested.