I'm Seeing, Still Working On Believing

Dear readers, quick reminder. If you didn't vote on the last chapter, please do! And don't forget that I love feedback! It just makes my day!

~Grace

Melissa's pov

I pray a quick, silent prayer before turning to Steve. I mean, he is a captain. Anyways, Nat was the one who spoke up first, "Guys.".

Tony swallowed his pride for once, "Call it, Cap.".

Steve took a deep breath and looked at me. I gave him a slow nod, encouraging him to go on. Steve nodded and ordered, "Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash.".

Clint turns to Tony, "Wanna give me a lift?".

"Right. Better clench up, Legolas.", I rolled my eyes. I would probably never understand all of Tony's nicknames for people. I watch him fly Clint up to the rooftop of the building.

Steve then turns to Thor, "Thor, you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightning. Light the bastards up.". Thor nods and swings his hammer in a circle to gain momentum before flying up.

Steve finally turns to us, "You guys and I, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here. And Hulk, SMASH.".

Hulk grinned so wide I thought his face would crack and then he leaps up onto the building and goes full-on Hulk on the aliens. I look up and I see Thor, who looks like an ant, blast the portal with lightning.

I turn my attention to the Chitauri that are gaining. They start shooting and I duck behind a taxi. I refill my gauntlets with beads, and I remove the empty gun cartridges from my guns and I reload my guns.

I click both guns into my thigh holsters and I stand up. I shoot some beads and make a lava wall. I turn to Steve and Natasha, "We can't do this all day, Cap. We've gotta figure out a way to close the portal and fast.".

Nat agrees, "Captain, none of this is gonna mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal.".

Steve agrees solemnly, "Our biggest guns couldn't touch it.".

"Well, maybe it's not about guns.", Nat gestures to the flying chariots.

Steve gives her a look, "You wanna get up there, you're gonna need a ride.".

Nat looks at Steve, "I got a ride. I could use a lift though.", she takes several steps back to give herself a running start. Steve lifts his and angles his shield, "Are you sure about this.".

Nat looks up and responds totally certain (not), "Yeah. It's gonna be fun.". She runs at Steve and jumps onto the shield. Steve gives her a boost and she grabs onto a flying chariot. Steve looks at me, "Want one too.".

"Could you?".

Steve sighs, "Sure.". And he angles his shield again. I take a few steps back and I run towards Steve. I jump onto a car, then onto Steve's shield. He gives me a boost and I shoot a bead out and grow a vine that attaches to a chariot.

I am flung back a bit, but with the adrenaline rush, I don't even notice it. I use the momentum of the swing to do a flip. I arch my back and I spot the Chitauri's head, and as I land, I break the alien's neck.