The Metal Armed Assassin

Hello dear readers!

Just guess what happens in this chapter???

Drumroll please.............

Bucky aka The Winter Soldier makes his very first appearance!!!!

If you are as excited as I am, don't forget to vote, comment, and spread the word!

~Grace

Melissa's pov

I slowly reached my hand out to the door nob and place my other hand on my gun. I opened the door and held my gun out as I looked around, and as I came around the corner, I saw Steve with his shield beside him and as I looked around him, I saw Fury looking all beat up.

I was about to ask Fury what happened when Fury showed us his phone and I read, "Ears everywhere.".

I glanced at Steve and back to Fury, "I'm sorry to have to do this, but I had no place else to crash.", and Fury types something else out on his phone and shows it to us, "SHIELD compromised.".

Steve takes in a deep breath of shock, while I'm screaming on the inside. Compromised? How! How could I've not noticed anything? Did I see anything suspicious that I just pushed to the wayside? Did I see something that was wrong and turned a blind eye?

But I was brought out from my inner turmoil when Steve asked, "Who else knows about your wife?" and Fury shows us another text, "You, me, and her.". And Fury replies, "Just...my friends.".

Steve asks skeptically, "Is that what we are?".

Fury stands up and walks slowly towards us, "That's up to you.". I feel a prickling in my skin, a feeling as if someone is watching us. I see in the corner of my eye a glint of metal and before I can do anything, three shots are fired.

I see Fury hit the ground and both Steve and I look out the window for the shooter. Steve then quickly drags Fury to another room and I grab Steve's shield in a flash.

I see Fury hand Steve something, and Fury saws hoarsely, "Don't...trust anyone.", and then he goes unconscious. Then I hear footsteps and I bring my gun up in a flash, but I sigh in relief when I see Sharon come in with her gun up.

Then Fury's words echo in my mind. Don't trust anyone. And I watched her with extreme caution as she asks, "Captain Rogers, Agent Montgomery? Captain, I'm Agent 13 of SHIELD Special Service.".

Steve looks endearingly confused, "Kate?".

"I'm assigned to protect you.", Sharon elaborated.

Steve looks even more confused, "On whose order?".

"His.", Sharon replies and she goes to Fury. She pulls out her radio and contacts SHIELD. "Foxtrot is down, he's unresponsive. I need EMTs.".

She turns to us, "Do you have a twenty on the shooter?", Steve and I notice the shooter through the window.".

Steve and I jump up, "Tell him we're in pursuit.", Steve said. I handed him his shield and he smashed through his window. I run out of the window to follow Steve, and we follow him by smashing through the walls. Steve is able to run extremely fast, but I couldn't.

The reason why is something that all women understand. My breasts were uh, bouncing up and down. My suit gives me support, but since I wasn't wearing mine, I wasn't able to run as fast because it hurt.